GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by thethickness

1. T

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

One more update... Still radio silence from Osram. Third wave of Covid hitting Germany appears to have them in heightened restrictions for the foreseeable future according to the news this week, so it looks like I'll be swapping the stock headlights back in for the time being and hope that...
  2. T

Quick update: Over a week now and still no response from Osram besides an automated message from their CRM system notifying me of extended response times due to current conditions in Germany. I haven't been paying much attention to the news, so as of this morning I *completely* understand why...
  3. T

I considered it too. Wayyyy back in this thread (it might even be on a different board), I believe there were some folks in the states who had issues with the very early sets (including condensation) and I got the impression that Osram wasn't terrible to work with. I don't particularly want to...
  4. T

Has anyone in North America dealt with overseas Osram regarding warranty issues? My driver side headlight is having condensation issues, and as of this week, it's killed the DRL/horseshoe light pipes. Low beam/high beam/indicator LEDs are still functioning fine. I cleared codes; it fixed...
  5. T

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Any of you Dupage County/Lombard area guys drive a black MK7 GTI on BBS LMs or LM replicas? If so, I just saw you parked on my street, which was very coincidental considering my GTI is boxed in and not visible today.
  6. T

Update: I still like mine. Zero issues to report. They kinda get washed out in the rain, but I hardly drive anymore, so who cares—they look sick 😬
  7. T

WTB - GTI or Golf R JB4 + BT/data cable

Looking for a Group 1/2/3 GTI or Golf R JB4 with data cable or bluetooth module. Located in 60148. Feel free to PM. Thanks!
  8. T

I would reconsider that idea: OEM MK7 R lights are better lights than these. The OEM R lights are true Xenon HIDs with higher output, auto-leveling and adaptive lighting (swivels to follow steering wheel input); these would be a downgrade in performance. People are retrofitting these into...
  9. T

Womp womp, I forgot to update my post. It rained for about a week straight after I installed them and it slipped my mind to get some decent photos. It's going to snow again today, so I may have to put it off once more :p Light output is good, but not amazing. High beams really aren't anything...
  10. T

One more thing...has anyone done any light coding via OBDE or VCDS with these installed? I'm curious to see how they react to, say, using the indicators as running lights. I suspect that there is a module/driver in the LEDs that runs the dynamic logic and will cause issues, but I guess there's...
  11. T

Installed mine last night. Decided to do it on a weeknight to motivate myself to finish it all the way so I could get to work this morning ? The installation is pretty straightforward. I did it alone and left the car on the ground. I would not recommend this if you don't have the correct tools...
  12. T

Update - ordered a set from MyTuning24. I'll update with some pics and findings once installed ?
  13. T

Just curious--how are these holding up for those of you who've installed them? I'm feeling impulsive and am trying to temper it with some feedback ?