GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by theDoktor

1. theDoktor

Rear brake caliper tool question

Thank you for confirming my suspicions!
  2. theDoktor

Rear brake caliper tool question

I need to replace the rear brake pads & rotors on my 17 Sport with the big brakes from the Performance Package. The piston in the caliper needs to be withdrawn into the caliper in order to fit the new pads. Unlike the front calipers, the use of a compression device to get the piston to retract...
  3. theDoktor

Need Service Manual link

Thanks. That’s the first one I found. Covers 2015 models except GTI (although that isn’t specifically noted). My car has the Performance Pack, so it’s upgraded over the regular GTI
  4. theDoktor

Service Manual link needed

All, I recently experienced a terminal hard drive crash and lost all my bookmarks. (My system backup had stopped and I didn’t know it. Duh.) Anyway, one of the bookmarks I need to restore I believe was a link to a Dropbox folder on which a full Service Manual that was new enough to cover my 2017...
  5. theDoktor

Need Service Manual link

All, I recently experienced a terminal hard drive crash and lost all my bookmarks. (My system backup had stopped and I didn’t know it. Duh.) Anyway, one of the bookmarks I need to restore I believe was a link to a Dropbox folder on which a full Service Manual that was new enough to cover my 2017...
  6. theDoktor

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

I used the Gyeon Q2Rim on my new Apex wheels before I installed tires. Ran them on the street only for about 3 months/maybe 5K miles with multiple washes/cleanings before I had to install my winter tire & wheel set. The rear rims, where I still had the original OEM brake pads, cleaned up really...
  7. theDoktor

Rear brake pad recommendations

Update on the Hawk HP Plus Sport pads: While they work great as far as braking (street and autocross) goes, they are EXTREMELY noisy and dust like nothing I have ever run across. They also chew up rotors surprisingly quickly for the limited time they have been on the car. I also bought thru the...
  8. theDoktor

What are your favourite winter tires?

You might give the Nokian WR G4's a try. Mine have done great for the last 3 years and are still going strong. My location has been known for getting a bit of snow now and then. They even did a full summer and a half and performed credibly. I too was disappointed by the Ice X's.
  9. theDoktor

Coolant Leak?

I've got a local independent shop that specializes in German cars that I have worked with- need to touch base with them. And contacting VWOA is on my to-do list. Anybody got info on how to reach the Class Action legal team? I want to explore this option too..
  10. theDoktor

Coolant Leak?

Glad to hear you have a good dealer. They are few & far between, unfortunately
  11. theDoktor

Coolant Leak?

They have already blown me off and ignored my information. It's going to have to take a different level of "effort" to get their attention at this point.
  12. theDoktor

Coolant Leak?

Do you happen to have any information on how to get included in the class action lawsuit? I documented a probable cooling leak that the dealer "couldn't find" while my car was still under warranty. They pressure-tested it, couldn't find anything (naturally), didn't look for leak evidence; just...
  13. theDoktor

2019 G Street Nationals Dashboard

I know they're known to be kinda fragile, but I'm disappointed that the original clutch is nearly gone on my Mk. 7 G Street GTI about the same time that the first set of front RE71's wore out. I've got a very long history of being easy on clutches- I sold my Mk. 1with over 225K miles on it that...
  14. theDoktor

I second Geirsen on all of this. Mine is a 6MT also.
  15. theDoktor

BTW, the AS4's work great on your rims. Running 235/45-17's on 8 1/2 x 17 rims.