GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by thedadwagon

1. thedadwagon

DSG jumping out of gear on take off

Makes sense. re: Parking brake - I was just thinking it seems to always be worse on my first start of the car for the day, which would most likely have to do with temperature, although it is intermittent at times. When you all mentioned the brakes and sensors. It got me thinking about the...
  2. thedadwagon

DSG jumping out of gear on take off

Just spent the last 30 minutes reading this novel :) Same issue here @tigeo - generally manageable and just annoying as hell. I think it bothers us modded guys even more because we assume we screwed something up. I like the current thinking of the relation to brakes and acceleration...
  3. thedadwagon

TheDadWagon - Building a Cross-Country Capable Sportwagen

Installed some Helix 7.5 Headlights using the H7 Halogen bulb in them for now (no LED upgrade kit) Here is the install video I put together
  4. thedadwagon

So have a lot of catch up to do on this build - I'll treat each step as separate entry. WRAP After installing the GTI front bumper, my next focus was get the bumper matching the rest of the car. I had my heart on trying out a full vehicle wrap for a while and had a friend hook me up with a...
  5. thedadwagon

Thanks for the encouragement! I'll get back on it.
  6. thedadwagon

Playing In The Snow - Share Your Favorite Snow Photos and Videos

The snow is falling. Share your favorite snow adventure photos and videos with your MK7. I got out to do some snownuts the other night and shot a little video. Here are some gifs from the footage.
  7. thedadwagon

Added some inexpensive, smoked dynamic turn signals. so simple, but... I like them more than I thought I would LED Dynamic Turn Signal for MK7 - https://amzn.to/3ihdTXl
  8. thedadwagon

GTI Conversion - Part 2 Short sweet - This bumper kit is way better than I ever expected
  9. thedadwagon

GTI BUMPER CONVERSION - PART 1 So, the front bumper on the pre-facelift MK7 golfs (not gti / R) is pretty lame and soft. Therefore, I wanted to swap it out for a MK7 GTI front bumper. The problem with that was the cost - an OE GTI front bumper runs $2000+ and for a car that's worth only 15K...
  10. thedadwagon

Thanks and will do - so far... I'm actually blown away by the quality. Way beyond what I was expecting for the price - I share the videos here when they're complete. :) I really went back and forth on this - I had the forge lift kit in my cart for months before purchased the car, but it then...
  11. thedadwagon

Hey GolfMK7 - My name is Victor and based in West Michigan. I picked up a 2017 Golf Sportwagen in April/May of 2020 in order to have a more capable vehicle for "Up North" explorations and traveling back and forth to my cabin in the Manistee National Forest. It was also a way for me to build my...
  12. thedadwagon

8055WAGEN'S 2017 GSW DSG 4MOTION IS38

Awesome build to follow! Did you end up switching to the red-stripped grill? Also, thanks for the invite to GolfMk7 - I finally got around to signing up.