GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by theclutch

1. theclutch

get an EXACT duplicate of your Monroney in pdf format

At first, I thought this thread was misleading. For some of my cars, it DOES look to be pretty much exact. But in others, all this link did was to pull the build sheet from the VIN that you provide, lists the options and the total sticker price (not each option price individually) and pastes...
  2. theclutch

Shady Work - Recent Dealership Visit

Do you seriously not understand where you proved my point where manufacturers cannot dictate what dealers charge for the cars? Manufacturers cannot dictate the price as evidenced by your "friend" giving you a discount. If this was true, do you really think that they would risk car allocations...
  3. theclutch

For sure they do! This is why they can deny your request. But they get paid the same $/hr and there are master techs that can choose what they want to work on. At least by scheduling over the phone, you avoid the risk of showing up at the dealer and driving away if they don't assign you who...
  4. theclutch

You can simply ask your service advisor who it is on their team and tell them you want him/her assigned to do your car. But I would do this BEFORE you go to the dealership during your appt setup. I.e. - you don't want to show up only for the service advisor to tell you that they are not...
  5. theclutch

Manual vs. DSG

Another data point.... with the DSG, you have traffic "stop and go" working with the active cruise control and lane assist. The DSG can handle supposedly 450 ft-lbs torque and the standard clutch is supposedly barely 300 ft-lbs. This, along with faster response, is what made me go DSG.
  6. theclutch

Yeah... again, NO. That's not how dealerships work (at least here in the US; I just realized that maybe you're outside of the US which could be a different situation). You've heard it from a "friend of a friend of a friend" in sales. You believe everything that sales tells you? ;) They're...
  7. theclutch

Yeah, no. Dealerships can charge more or less than what the MSRP says. Manufacturers cannot dictate or not dictate discounts. However, if a dealership wants to go against any manufacturer advice (for ex, Porsche tells dealerships not to mark up cars. But if they do, they risk not getting any...
  8. theclutch

Get them to fix it right this time by their "master tech". If they don't, then get your money back.
  9. theclutch

Cobb access port after APR

I actually didn't mean to quote your line. I was just replying to him and not you in my previous post. My bad :(
  10. theclutch

Cobb access port after APR

If you're keeping the same hardware on, then it would be a complete waste of money to go with a COBB ProTune at that point. Although a ProTune will have a measurable difference against the APR, it will very unlikely that you would be able to physically feel the difference. If you're adding...
  11. theclutch

Got in a wreck on a Monday - Will it be totaled (19 R) ?

Correct, they are hard to find and even when you do, they get snatched up pretty quickly. Ask me how I know. Another thing to consider is and Audi S3. Believe it or not, they appear to be in the same price range as a used R!!! So now, it becomes a question of whether you want a sedan body or...
  12. theclutch

what do u guys think 2017 24k autobahn or 2020 gti s

I would negotiate pricing on the 2017 Autobahn or wait for another. Funny you mentioned the CA lemon car. I saw that pop up in my search. Even if it's "just the turbo", as a rule, I never trust anyone that is trying to sell me something. I would want to see official paperwork stating why it...
  13. theclutch

GTI vs Golf R on track

Yes, believe me, I thought about it (and am still thinking about it). I wouldn't bother upgrading the brakes since I don't really need it at the tracks I run. The wavetrack is $1200 + maybe another $1000k in labor. If I upgrade the suspension, it would likely be ST XTA's coil overs (rebound...
  14. theclutch

GTI vs Golf R on track

You're no fun and it almost seems like you're talking to my wife. ;)
  15. theclutch

GTI vs Golf R on track

Hmmm... I guess your suggestion would be for me to get a GTI vs the R? But based on your description of your prepped Mk7 GTI, it almost feels like I should just get the adjustable coil overs and wavetrack LSD for my Stage 2 Mk6 and call it a day? It would certainly be cheaper. But I...