GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by thatgolfrguy

1. T

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

@Arin@APR or @Arin I have a 2019 DSG Golf R and had the 6054 DTR kit installed with HPFP (And TCU tune) (93 octane). I have been experiencing something very weird. If I do a 2nd gear pull in auto mode (S mode on the transmission), the car will not upshift at the top of 2nd. It will just hit off...
  2. T

One weird thing for me. When I went stage 2 with an APR Catted DP, I initially used an O2 spacer, but that threw a CEL. Then I took the O2 spacer of and no more check engine light...
  3. T

Im ready to add my datapoint (RE: Fuel Monitor set on Golf R's) 2019 MK 7.5 Golf R (DCT) with APR DTR6054 (with HFPF/LPFP) Can confirm that the Fuel System readiness was set. The only readiness not set was the Evap system (although that one takes a bit of driving to set and I have had only a day...
  4. T

2019 Golf R (APR Stage 2 w/Catted DP) to Stage 3 DTR with Fueling Upgrades Just got the DTR With Fueling done (from Stage 2 APR with Catted DP). So far keeping it civil until 500 miles, but did 2 pulls on the way home. It feels a little laggier at the bottom which is expected, but to be honest...
  5. T

Getting the DTR6054 with HPFP/LPFP on my 2019 R on Wednesday. Coming from APR Stage 2, so not expecting anything crazy, but I will be happy to be officially emissions compliant now.
  6. T

Hey Tom. I'm gonna be putting the DTR on my 2019 R. Already have the APR closed intake and intercooler. Do you think I'm going to need to upgrade my intake?
  7. T

It seems like the fueling monitor did set on their 19 R, so maybe its a MK7 issue and MK 7.5 R's are fine... Can anyone with a MK7.5 R and fueling check their fuel monitor?
  8. T

Hey! I heard that with the Golf R with fueling kit the fuel readiness emissions sensor is not set. Is this true for you or were you able to get all sensors set?
  9. T

Whine/Vibration During Decel and Idle in Sport/Manual Mode

I had a similar (maybe same) problem. Mine sounded like it was coming from under the passenger seat, only during decel and around 2100 rpm. Turns out it was vibrating fuel lines and my dealer fixed it with some foam. Good luck!
  10. T

APR TCU tune launch rpms

I'll mention a couple of things I have found in the past. 1. The brake pedal needs to be 100% depressed on my car for it to enter launch control. Like it literally needs to be pressing against the floorboards 2. If any of the car's temps are not up to operating temperature, my car won't enter...
  11. T

Stock to APR Stage 1 to APR Stage 2 in 2 Weeks (2019 DSG)

So I have a 2019 Golf R DSG. I put 4,000 miles on it stock. I then got the APR Stage 1 ECU and TCU tune and 2 weeks later I got the APR Stage 2 ECU Tune with the APR downpipe, intercooler, and intake. I’ll go over my thoughts on each tune. Stock: I absolutely loved the stock Golf R. It is nice...
  12. T

(USA) 2019 R (DSG) going stock to APR stage 1 to stage 2 all in 1 month, questions?

TLDR: Currently stock, getting APR stage 1 in 2 weeks then APR stage 2 2 weeks later. I am going to keep notes as well as gather 0-60 mph and 20-80 mph times at each step. What else would you guys like to take notes about at each step? So, like the title says, I am currently stock and going to...