GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by TechRoss

1. T

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Curb rash one day before her 3 month anniversary. I am so miff, just want to cry. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  2. T

Waze on Android Auto.

I know a lot of you guys have been waiting for this. Looks like it will finally happen as Waze is notifying beta users of this and asking them to start testing on Android Auto. Looks like I now have to spend the money on getting my app connect code.
  3. T

No biggy but after 2 months finally got to give my CS a bath myself. We had water restrictions for about 18 months that were just lifted. Had to get it washed, now I can do it myself. Nothing like washing your car to bond with it. Even went out Ang got new buckets, mitt, micro fibers. Made some...
  4. T

Got my car home first day and even my wife was telling me to take the dealer details off the plate holder. Our plates are riveted on here so the trusty Dremel made short work of that crap.
  5. T

Looks awesome. I am asking without researching just out of interest, how do you handle the airbag on a swap like this?
  6. T

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

You don't have to use Android Auto at all, in fact a lot off us don't have it activated. You can just use Bluetooth to play music from your phone etc. If you are asking about having AA running and playing music from SD then I am afraid I am not sure.
  7. T

Credit cards and the like. On the bottom pic is also a spare SD card holder.
  8. T

From what I understand mirror link is basically you see what is on your phone screen on the cars infotainment screen. I am not sure if you can interact with it directly though.
  9. T

Apple carplay just works, android you need Android auto. I seriously would not choose my phone based on my car. Both work with App Connect. I'm and Android user so am bias towards that the last few years after being a apple fan boy for many years before that.
  10. T

I hear that Android Auto is a little temperamental at times. Can't confirm because my app connect is not activated.
  11. T

Your previous rides......Share it !!

No sadly not. Back then taking pics was not as easy as these days.
  12. T

90k geez my A4 that I traded 5 weeks ago now for my GTI was 11 years old and had 83k on the clock.
  13. T

Don't know how you guys drive in that. I would lock myself away all winter.
  14. T

☝☝☝ and you are still smiling I bet. Makes going to work a bit more bearable when it is in a GTi.
  15. T

from 370z to GTI/TSi?

Interesting you taking flack about a VW. Where have these PPL been, under a rock. Look for reviews from any reputable car mag, TV show, web show, see how well they rate the Golf. For the price (in this country, not sure about yours) nothing will compare to quality or power. Then add in the way...