GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Sub-to-Dub

1. Sub-to-Dub

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nice, I love mine! It's been super solid and definitely adds some peace of mind.
  2. Sub-to-Dub

Let's see your PC's

Running Windows 11. I haven't used Windows intimately in years but in my head it was kinda the OS that got out of your way and gave you more control but it just feels more spammy than I expected with Copilot, Edge, widgets, etc. If I didn't need it for a few select apps I'd definitely give...
  3. Sub-to-Dub

Let's see your PC's

Haha, I was definitely a little nervous switching to water cooling and will definitely keep on eye on things. It felt pretty robust and I have to assume they account for the average customer trying to shove these things into all kinds of cases. Fingers crossed! Thanks! Yeah, it's pretty decent...
  4. Sub-to-Dub

Let's see your PC's

Good idea on the GPU adjustments. I just did a quicky undervolt and overclock using the auto-generated values in the Adrenalin software and that quieted things down significantly. Still room to experiment but a good start!
  5. Sub-to-Dub

Let's see your PC's

Lots of cool builds on here, it was fun browsing through this tread! I just finished changing cases and making a few spec tweaks and figured I'd post my setup too. I'm a big fan of small form factor stuff and recently changed from a Louqe Ghost S1 to a SSUPD Meshroom S case. The Ghost is nice...
  6. Sub-to-Dub

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Installed the SC SkunkWerks ground kit. It's a quality part and the fit was perfect. While obviously not a critical mod, it is one less thing to worry about and I'm sure my future self will be thankful when it comes time to replace the plugs.
  7. Sub-to-Dub

Sub-to-Dub's 2017 GTI Sport

Ground Kit Installed the SC SkunkWerks ground kit this weekend. Start to finish took about half and hour with the most difficult part being the plastic harness cover tabs. The factory ground connections were totally fine but I know they have a tendency to get brittle, plus the two bolt method...
  8. Sub-to-Dub

2019 GSW 4motion manual white silver metallic

Yeah the front-to-back bracket is that OEM euro part and offers a small but welcome reduction in throw. The side-to-side bracket is from Diesel Geek (who uses an OEM part if I recall) and doesn't really change the shift action but is metal (vs plastic) and has an upgraded slide bushing piece...
  9. Sub-to-Dub

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Got a delivery from Ross Tech. I didn't have a Windows laptop until recently and decided VCDS was a good long-term investment. I do have OBDeleven but prefer using a laptop for more complex coding and diagnostics.
  10. Sub-to-Dub

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Nice! I think you'll enjoy those. It's nice to see SuperPro has improved their packaging. Mine where packed in flimsy cardboard and had scuffs and damage to the ball joint from being bounced around in shipping.
  11. Sub-to-Dub

2019 GSW 4motion manual white silver metallic

That's a nice looking wagon, congrats! I totally agree with cb1111 - drive it for a bit, see where the weak points are and what you like and dislike. As far as upgrades, it just depends on your priorities, how you use the car, budget, etc. Wheels and tires are definitely a great upgrade but be...
  12. Sub-to-Dub

CV Axle Replacements

Is your car a manual or DSG? I'm assuming the part numbers would be different. Regardless, it looks like the OEM options are up in the $800 range. Is the axle actually bad or just leaking some grease? If you caught it early enough and it hasn't run dry or been contaminated with dirt you could...
  13. Sub-to-Dub

Sub-to-Dub's 2017 GTI Sport

Yeah, I am! I've put about 6k miles on them so far and they're a solid choice for a daily driver. Decent dry and wet grip, quiet and pretty comfy on the highway. Definitely don't have the raw performance of some others in the category but I wanted to try the other end of the spectrum this time...
  14. Sub-to-Dub

CLAIMED: Lamin-X Yellow Fog Light Film

These have been claimed!
  15. Sub-to-Dub

CLAIMED: Lamin-X Yellow Fog Light Film

Gotcha, makes sense. Thanks for the tips and extra info!