GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Striker23

1. S

Cuzoe's 2015 Golf TDI S Journal

What do you think of the coolerworx shifter? Easy to live with daily?
  2. S

Car stuttering badly while speeding up

Not sure which fuel you’re running but when I was on full e and it started getting colder the car would do what you’re describing. Press the gas and the car stuttered badly. Restart the car and it would be all good. No codes. Happened two years in a row. Switched to e30 when it gets cold and it...
  3. S

SHOULD I SWITCH TUNE?

It is definitely worth it. I had unitronic stage 2 for a few years. Its a good tune but EQT is far superior. I could tell just taking off for the first time. Car was smoother and faster everywhere. It is an added expense of course but since you have no E available you’ll only need 1 tune really...
  4. S

CTS Turboback Exhaust?

I have the cts full exhaust and it’s been great. Little louder than stock cruising around and sounds good at WOT too. Install was easy and there have been no issues with it of any kind in over 2 years. If anything I wish it was a little louder but I like it so much I’m nervous about changing it...
  5. S

Top tunes right now eqt vs ie

I’m biased because I have eqt and like it a lot but IE really stepped up their game when they rolled out the flex fuel tune.
  6. S

Choice to make

I have a 2015 PP GTI. Stage 2 power wise now I want to tackle the suspension. I am considering either Ohlins RT or the Bilstein B16 Damptronic. Obviously I know neither option is cheap and is probably overkill for my purposes. Both are similarly priced but with the Ohlins needing the DCC...
  7. S

Turbo gone

I’ve been stage 2 tuned For almost 40k miles with zero issues. Turbos on stock cars can fail. It’s the luck of the draw sometimes. Lots of tuned GTI s out there doing fine so don’t let this setback deter you from tuning. Throw a new is20 in there if you’re not looking for more than stage 1 and...
  8. S

Where to go next?

I agree with this. I wish I would’ve done my clutch earlier. I was always a little worried about my stock clutch and I didn’t realize how much it was hindering the driving experience for me. Have a SB ST3 Daily in now and never worry about getting on it at all. Plus the stock clutch isnt very...
  9. S

IE TrueFlex for MK7 GTI | Easy ethanol -flashing now!

Kudos to IE for getting this done! I’m too far down the rabbit hole with EQT at this point to change but them getting this done pretty much proves to me that COBB don’t give AF about flex fuel for our cars. The “they’re working on it” explanation is growing tiresome.
  10. S

Turns out I bought a tuned CPO car

If they agree to honor the warranty which they should, get it in writing! If they don’t want to honor it I’d pitch a fit and demand they do something to remedy the situation.
  11. S

MK7 Confessions

I have a red one as well. My bumper looks exactly the same as yours with that peeling. Also My aerofab splitter has been pulling down on the bumper and broke all the lower grill pieces and cracked The bottoms of the fog light trim pieces. The bumper finally had enough and is cracked in 3 places...
  12. S

So, who's gonna be the first one on the PowerMax?

I was planning on going oem is38 but this stage 1 turbo seems to be the move now. For a couple hundred extra bucks you get better flow and internals from a reputable company.
  13. S

Tune from stock or keep saving for R

Most people on this site are driving tuned GTIs and are enjoying them very much. I’ve been stg2 tuned for 40k miles with no issues.
  14. S

MK7.5 IS38 Turbo Upgrade

I’ve lived in prince William county for years. Dumfries to be specific. I’ve driven by those monitors with my cts downpipe probably a hundred times and never a ticket of any kind. Not even a letter. I had a Hyundai for a year and passed the test and got a letter to register online without having...
  15. S

Diesel Geek Short throw shifter kit Vs Audi OEM w/ solid endlinks

The diesel geek shifter is an excellent upgrade and I’d highly recommend it.