GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by STL11

1. STL11

Thanks for everything!

Are you crazy??? He’s sleeping!
  2. STL11

Thanks for everything!

Haha. Close enough I guess from the GTI. Bought a new loaded GMC Acadia AT4. The cargo and payload is just what I needed. While others have said the GTI is great for dogs (and they’re right), when we go camping, it’ll be roof box, hitch carrier, 4 passengers plus dog crate, and loaded with...
  3. STL11

Thanks for everything!

Well, it happened. I sold my GTI this week. Our family is growing and we recently got a dog. We do a lot of camping and beach trips, just needed something with more cargo space and payload. With our needs changing, it was time to give up my GTI. It’s my favorite car I’ve ever owned...
  4. STL11

2020 gti se dsg no farts :)

Just curious, what was the motivation to go from Scat Pack to GTI?
  5. STL11

VW Cobb AccessPort Sale!

The ECU tune came preloaded, I had to send them my log info to get the DSG tune. EQT was very responsive pn the whole thing. Quick turnaround.
  6. STL11

VW Cobb AccessPort Sale!

No, you still hear them. That aren’t as loud as with an aftermarket exhaust/DP, but you can definitely hear them.
  7. STL11

VW Cobb AccessPort Sale!

Yeah, I’d do it. I live in Wake County and did it to be safe. Takes 15-20 mins max to uninstall/reinstall. P.S. for the poster above, highly recommend burbles on Sport mode. Fun when you want it.
  8. STL11

my tuned GTI suffered a catastrophic engine failure...

Gas here in NC is 87/89/93, so it’s not really added extra expense.
  9. STL11

I drive to some Deep South states like MS/LA, and have occasionally run into areas where they only have 91. That’s the main reason.
  10. STL11

I have a 17 with the EQT 91 Stage 1 OTS tune. I run 93 in my car. This post is the stuff of nightmares. My car is paid for and I can “pay to play” as they say, but having a GTI paperweight doesn’t appeal to me either. EQT seems reputable/solid, but man...scary stuff.
  11. STL11

Thank you and moving on

That might’ve been the (no longer offered I believe) “Destroyer Gray”. Amerrrricaaaa f**k yyeahhh!!!!
  12. STL11

Thank you and moving on

Good luck! I’ve looked at Challenger and Charger 392s several times. Definitely get the “itch” from time to time. Ultimately, I think a huge reason I love the GTI is the size and how tossable it is. In traffic, I’m always happy to be in a GTI.
  13. STL11

Thinking of selling my 2016, thoughts on value? (Poll Included)

I’ve always punched mine into Carvana too. Was pretty disappointed they shot back $17,250. Went to Vroom and they said $18,825. I also noticed Vroom has a place where they ask about “mods that would increase value?” Seems like Carvana and Vroom charge less of a penalty for modded cars vs...
  14. STL11

What comes after the GTI?

3.0 TDI. I’ve looked at those in the past too. I’m thinking we’re going to go the upgraded SUV route for my wife. She has a fairly new small crossover now, so we’ll likely do a 3rd row and be done with it.