GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by starfield

1. S

Issues with coolant expansion tank?

Hello everybody I am just glad I found this thread. I just came back from a 500 miles road trip. In the last 1.5 miles of the journey, the 'check coolant' came up. Immediately afterwards there was a strong smell of coolant. When I reached home the expansion tank was completely empty and the cap...
  2. S

Fault code P0471 and P0474

novi senzor je adaptiran. puno hvala.
  3. S

Hi All Just to give you an update on this: The faulty sensor was removed and a new one fitted. The car is now fine. Bear in mind sensor 1 is the one furthest from you. The final set up looks like in the picture.
  4. S

I am in Redhill in Surrey. Has anybody got a VCDS, Vagcom or similar to help.
  5. S

I spoke too quick, the CEL is back on with the same code: P0471. I will have to adapt the sensor. I will keep you posted.
  6. S

I replaced the sensor within the red box as illustrated by Keano16. It was a very easy and quick swap. I bought the new sensor for £77.96 from TPS Crawley (pictures attached) Once replaced, I used the Torque app to clear the fault on the ECU. It disappeared never to appear again. I went for a 10...
  7. S

Thanks I take, it's the sensor in the red box under the heat shield. Where did you buy your replacement sensor? Any advice before I start replacing it?
  8. S

Hello all I have the same problem today: The EML came, I plugged OBD2 and P0471came up on torque app. Where is the sensor located?
  9. S

Both 12v socket/cigarette lighters not working

I have a Mk7. The 20A cigarette lighter fuse blew the other day when I connected a tyre pump. I got it sorted and it was working fine. Today, I connected my phone via a usb charger and it blew again. There are no coins or debris inside to short the circuit. Anybody know what could be causing that?
  10. S

Wing mirror glass replacement

Hello everybody I am afraid I have to revive this post. Well the same thing happened to me, this time it is on the passenger side. (I am in the UK btw, the steering is on the correct side !!) The story goes like that: I washed the car but did not drive until a few days later. As soon as I...
  11. S

Where do you put your phone to be used as a satnav

I eventually settled for this one; it's somewhat bulky but doesn't hinder any lights or vents
  12. S

I assume you have a different head unit to mine. I don't have a USB in the cubby, I have an MDI instead and you cannot do much with it.
  13. S

How do you connect yours? My phone will not mirror on the VW infotainment unit
  14. S

Average mpg

Wow! In the UK, you'll certainly pay for that
  15. S

Average mpg

There are 3 mpg since start since refuel long term The first two are obvious