GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by squeebie

1. S

Bluetooth Next/Prev control greyed out

Thanks for posting this, I ran into the same problem with my new Pixel 4A 5G and your post saved me hours of frustration.
  2. S

No heat, but only while driving

We were monitoring the coolant temperature with VCDS while I was driving. It was staying right around 100° C the whole time, so it doesn't appear to be an issue where the coolant cools down.
  3. S

I edited my original post TSI was fat fingered as TDI, big difference.
  4. S

Temp gauge goes up to 200F and stays there. VCDS shows the coolant at 100C. I agree about the cold air on the radiator while driving, although I would also expect recirculating air to make it work better, but that didn't help.
  5. S

Thanks all. My regular mechanic was like "huh, I don't know, I'd take it to the dealership". I have a good recommendation for a VW specific mechanic, I'll bring it over there and see what he thinks. For anyone curious, I'll follow up here once he figures out whats going on.
  6. S

I had read about those and looked, but I didn't see any kind of a silica bag in there. I even (literally) poked around in there and didn't feel anything. Do all models in all countries have the bags?
  7. S

Another note - Ww had VCDS hooked up while I was driving, the temp of the coolant would stay around 100 degrees, even while the heat from the vents was fluctuating.
  8. S

Thanks for the suggestions. I should've mentioned in the original post, the coolant levels look good. Would a stuck thermostat cause the temp dropping while driving, but then going back up while idling? The issue is consistently reproducible in that regard.
  9. S

I'm in the north east US, and as the weather has gotten colder, I noticed my heat working inconsistently. My friend hooked it up to VCDS last night and cleared everything else, then we checked tonight, no faults, and it looks like everything is working correctly when he monitored things while...