GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SPLR337

1. SPLR337

Upgrade RSB only or do both RSB+FSB?

I daily drive my car in NYC. As mentioned in other threads, I added a H&R rear sway, which was nice, but I really noticed an improvement when I had a matching front sway installed (the front would lean as mentioned above). Those paired with the eurosport accessories camber pucks really helped...
  2. SPLR337

18x7.5: 225 vs. 235

I run 225/40 DWS06+ on my OEM wheels. Looks and drives fine, doesn't appear stretched. I ran the same size Michelin PS4S on a 18x8 wheel and they were also fine and did not appear to be stretched, even though I had considered going up to a 235 for those wheels.
  3. SPLR337

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

About 2 years and 20k miles here. Definitely sitting a little lower than the first few months I had them on. Wouldn't want to go any lower. Very glad with my choices for suspension though, wouldn't change a thing.
  4. SPLR337

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

How have everyone's flow formed SM10s been holding up? I just bent 2 of my Neuspeeds after maybe 8k miles of driving. I see that these are about the same price and am thinking about picking up a set like I probably should have in the first place.
  5. SPLR337

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Had to swap on my oem pretorias because both my rear neuspeed rse10s were so bent I could see them wobbling in my mirrors. Purchased new 16 months ago, ran for maybe 8 months and 6k miles. I commute 10 miles each way for work on pretty smooth highway. Lame.
  6. SPLR337

PSA: Neuspeed Wheels have a reduced cost road hazard replacement program

Hate to bump this thread, but on the way home from work today on the highway had two people bring to my attention that my wheels were wobbling. Pulled over and checked lugs, they were tight. So bad I can see the wobble in my mirrors. No vibration or anything felt. Got home and put on my oem...
  7. SPLR337

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

I took my car in for work and had an intercooler installed because "while it's in the shop..." (and it was on sale). Stock power for a while after and then all I added was a jb1. Still glad I have the upgraded IC.
  8. SPLR337

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

I think I might order this for the GTI on my way to purchase an awd prius
  9. SPLR337

Wheel spacers for Superspeed RF03RR

H&R makes a version of the 10mm spacers specific to the rear. I run 10mm front and rear on my RSE10s without issues.
  10. SPLR337

The definitive dashcam thread

I had a KD Links camera. It was a bit big, with a suction cup mount. Worked well and did its job but I recently replaced it with a Garmin mini 2. Not very impressed. The power cuts out over bumps, it has connection issues, and the quality isn't any better than my previous camera. However, it is...
  11. SPLR337

When do I put my summers on?

I put them on when the overnight temps stay at or above 45°F
  12. SPLR337

As of 2023, what are the go-to brake pads for spirited street driving?

I have iSweep IS2000s on my car. The dust level is still far, far blow stock levels it's not even comparable. Also, for what it's worth, the reps at Neuspeed recommended the IS1500s for daily driving and more base models, and the 2000s for anything sporty.
  13. SPLR337

Buyer beware: USP

I had a similar issue when my clutch release bearing failed. FCP is close and usually delivers next day or day after, even with the standard and free shipping. Verified the clutch kit was physically in stock in their warehouse before ordering. Placed an order the following day for an oil change...
  14. SPLR337

Vacuum/ HPFP Install frustration!

Discovered mine leaking a few weeks ago as well. Not much info for the mk7, mostly just for thr mk5 and 6. However, the mk7 shop manual I have states that only the gasket needs to be replaced. I had ordered just the gasket. Curious if anybody else has dealt with this issue before.
  15. SPLR337

Exhaust Modifications ?

If you don't plan on changing the factory downpipe, an OEM CSS muffler is a great modification. Factory quality, no drone, very nice tone. Mine took a few thousand miles to really break in. Had it installed almost 2 years ago and I still enjoy hearing it. It does have some gurgle and whatnot...