GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by sovietsky19

1. sovietsky19

GTI IS38 APR tune vs IE tune?

Yes i decided to just keep my is38 apr tune for now. Probably waste of money overall. Thanks for everyones input
  2. sovietsky19

GTI IS38 APR tune vs IE tune?

Im actually thinking of getting the carb compliant apr’s DTR6054 turbo kit. I have smog check coming up in about 1.5 years so thinking of just taking out my is38 and putting stick dp to be smog compliant
  3. sovietsky19

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

Nice, thanks man!
  4. sovietsky19

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

Thanks man, sorry forgot price. Did you feel a big difference with this bar? What dis you experience? Maybe you can talk me into keeping it haha
  5. sovietsky19

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

Brand new h&r 24mm rear sway bar for MK7. Bought it for my 2017 GTI but never got around to installing. New in box. Pick up in Woodland Hills (91367) $250
  6. sovietsky19

APR tune IS38 with stock downpipe

I spoke directly with Arin at APR and he said that there is a is38 stock downpipe file available but this wont allow us to pass smog in CA. You would have to put it on the stock file and drive around for few days before smog check
  7. sovietsky19

I realized that i dont need to pass smog for another few years. I believe smog is after 8 years and my car is a 2017. I havent done anything yet
  8. sovietsky19

WTB: GTI MK7 Downpipe (Socal)

Found one thanks
  9. sovietsky19

Ok sounds good. Thanks for your help man. It sucks to modify cars now in CA..such BS
  10. sovietsky19

So if i put stock downpipe back and flash to stock file then drive the car for a couple weeks before doing smog i would be able to pass?
  11. sovietsky19

Damn really? So i have to put stock turbo back on as well? Where did you get this info?
  12. sovietsky19

Well Arin at APR confirmed that they do have a APR is38 stock downpipe file for me which should pass CA smog. The is38 is a vw stock turbo so i dont see what the issue is if i have the stock downpipe on.
  13. sovietsky19

These are the HP/TQ numbers on thr Apr is38 tune with stock DP: 311 WHP / 337 WFTLBS 345 WHP / 359 WFTLBS Thats not too bad at least i can pass smog here in CA
  14. sovietsky19

So just put stock DP on and flash to stock then how long do i need to drive the car before readiness is set? Thanks for your help
  15. sovietsky19

It is 2017, i think next year i have to smog? Or is it 2024?