GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by sopskysalat

1. S

Pedestrian Warning for Front Camera

Or you can get 653 too though not specifically for golf but it will work too.
  2. S

Pedestrian Warning for Front Camera

All 654 are not equipped with image based pedestrian monitoring. But VW has since moved away from using 653 model and going into radar based protection. I do not have a feel of how effective both works because it cannot be tested till it is called upon. and I cannot wish to use it also.
  3. S

DCC Retrofit

AWD4416, during coding, is there an option for Torsion Beam or Multi-link rear setting? I wonder how DCC control unit differentiate? Or is there a firmware specifically for the two? Torsion beam is a pain to retrofit this.
  4. S

DCC Retrofit

camping here.... hope to hear feedback of magic carpet ride soon.
  5. S

DCC Retrofit

Hi Cuzoe, i await your completion and share here the experience of magic carpet ride? I will embark later. I am not sure if i need to upgrade my headunit.
  6. S

MK7.5 OEM LED Headlights Retrofit

It's really not worth the effort and cost of doing from 8IX to 8IU. Unless you are doing from halogen (like me) to LED, I did to the highest spec. Save the money for new IQ lights, it is great! No more shutter, just individual LED module.
  7. S

DCC Retrofit

Hi Cuzoe, great to find you! Mine golf 7.5 also on rear torsion beam and have been eyeing this upgrade for 1 year. Shall we work together? I spoke to coder, they told me why do i want to upgrade since the rear are not independent. I won't get the max comfort of a rear multi-link unit. And i need...
  8. S

Buy the one with the ring because it is the seal for dirt and water to seep behind bumper.
  9. S

Hi, You need to tell us the part no. of your LED headlight. Actually, you do not need additional guide because AWD4416 guide is the best detailed guides I ever use in retrofit. Also, please provide more information of what you had purchased, done etc.
  10. S

If you on LeD, suggest you stay as it is. It is already a set of beautiful lights you have. To change to DLa, you need whole headlight assembly to be 81/82 or 113/114 part no. Control unit may need to change depends on part no, have to verify. Expensive undertaking. For PlA, there are plenty of...
  11. S

Hi, you need to buy a 10pin to 14pin connector converter. It is available in market. Even with 14pin converter buy off the shelves, you will still need to splice some cables to have the full features working. I bought the lights for 2 months and did not do anything until i saw AWD4416 guide, it...
  12. S

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

Guys, may I ask, how much to change windscreen with proper bracket? I am from far east, so it is relatively low here. How's your side?
  13. S

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

Just wanna drop a thinker, does anyone try to remove those black dotted paint on windscreen? I read a guy who had it removed, fixed up the bracket and done without replacing glass and breaking up the camera housing.
  14. S

Thanks for AWD44161 for the detailed write up, it enlightened me in installation. With my coder help, I got the light converted. I am here to support this thread for whoever keen to do it. THink the biggest setback in this retrofit is the cost of LED headlight unit.
  15. S

golf mk2015 - Dynamic light is possible ?

Beside fitting bumper and fender, you will need to buy the correct headlight assembly unit, 8IU to enable DLA. that's all. I had 7.5 halogen and had converted to 7.5 LED with DLA.