GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Sootchucker

1. Sootchucker

Anyone added the rear seat USB charger ports from China?

Sorry Dave, only just seen this (not been on here for a few weeks). Yes, it's all still working just fine and looks factory. The seller on AliExpress was called"Performance Tuning Parts"
  2. Sootchucker

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Sorry to be a nuisance, but at the risk of having to read all 63 pages, can someone tell me what parts (and numbers) i need in total to fit the rear axle cover (between the tank and the rear wishbones), on a MK7.5 GTI Hatch. I've seen mention of long versions, short versions and MK8 versions...
  3. Sootchucker

How to retro-fit the Mk8 rear suspension aero covers or stone guards to a Mk7 Golf.

Just done mine too. Took all of 5 mins per side to install (just used the push in plastic rivet nuts as mentioned).
  4. Sootchucker

Door warning light harnesses

Hi all. Bit if a strange question but I'll be looking to retro fit the door warning lights that I have on my current GTI into a 2021 Tiguan soon (they use the same parts). I know that when I did the job a few years ago on the GTI I really struggled to get pre-made harness's with the correct 2...
  5. Sootchucker

Heated seats are weak...

My heated seats in my 2018 GTI (alcantera interior) are super quick and hot. So much so, that when I put them on, I never have them at the high setting, but always put them in the mid setting and then usually have to turn them down or off after a few minutes as my ass roasts.
  6. Sootchucker

Heated mirrors on at 10C?

is your mirror control on the door set to the heating position, if so, as I understand it they will be on all the time. AFAIK, the MK7 doesn't have automatic heating based on ambient temperatures ?
  7. Sootchucker

Drivers Side rear interior Door handle fix

The cable from the door lock connects to the inside of the interior handle via a plastic clip that slides over the handle mechanism. Sounds like the clip has popped off. See below
  8. Sootchucker

DynAudio

It's because the sub has dual voice coils and therefore requires 2 of the amplifier channels to power it
  9. Sootchucker

MK8 R Rear End Leak

To be fair, in the new BMW M135i (F40 series) they use a one piece design too, and when I test drove one recently found them to be super comfortable and very supportive (especially with the extending squab and electronically controlled side bolsters). I don't think the ones in the MK8 looks...
  10. Sootchucker

change POI bookmarks menu - Discover Pro

Just checked mine and I can see no way to change them ?
  11. Sootchucker

FYI - Google Maps is now displaying in CarPlay dashboard

You mean the map displays in the active info display ?
  12. Sootchucker

change POI bookmarks menu - Discover Pro

I think fuel and parking caregories are fixed in that screen and can’t be changed. If you want to see other POI’s you need to go into the menu under map an select the POIs you want to show - seem to recall there’s a limit on how many categories you can show on screen at once though.
  13. Sootchucker

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Fitted some more of the aero underbody covers - many thanks to Golfdave for his write up Rear exhaust cover Front exhaust cover