GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Snaptag

1. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Question: why even have an iPhone mount? Mine automatically connects to the Bluetooth and never even leaves my pocket when I'm in the car.
  2. S

Steep driveways

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the driveway of the house we just purchased is quite long and steep at about 20% (still have to measure it but I don't think I'm too far off). There are no 'scraping issues' and it flattens our nicely at the bottom where the house is, it's just that...
  3. S

Undisclosed pre-delivery touch up spotted

Ok, so I got my car detailed yesterday, and the detailer did an awesome job. I received a call from the detailer about two hours into the job, notifying me that 'something had happened to my car'. I was already preparing for the news that he had backed it up into a wall or something similar...
  4. S

Identify this part please

I found this part in the boot today. Little soft rubber thing, about 1"/2.5cm in diameter. Can anyone tell me what this is?
  5. S

It's here - my white GTI!

Click on the photos for the full res versions. So far it's perfect, review to follow. :)
  6. S

What are your thoughts on dash cams?

This post made me think about dash cams and whether or not they are useful. I have a GoPro, which is excellent, but apparently not suitable for use as a dedicated dash cam. I was involved in an accident about two years ago (nothing serious). Police did attend and wrote a report stating I was...
  7. S

Sunroof vs head room

I have ordered my GTI with the optional sunroof, and only just realised that I only very briefly sat in a sunroofed model in the showroom. The model I took for a drive didn't have that option. Now I'm 184cm (6ft) tall and was wondering if I'm going to run into any head room issues. I didn't...
  8. S

Not so new to VW, but new to this forum (and the Golf)

Hi everyone, here's a quick hello from Melbourne, Australia. I just placed an order for my first Golf and, according to the online tracking system, it will arrive in the country on Jan 28. It's my first Golf, my second new VW and my fourth VW. So far, the history includes a 1968 Beetle, a 1974...