GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SnailpowerMk7

1. SnailpowerMk7

Hatch rattle fixed

Hey man, you wouldn't happen to have a link to somewhere where this was taken apart? Just to make sure I don't break anything, lol. I took a quick gander yesterday in there. Is the trim just a snap off? No hidden screws anywhere that I need to be worried about before yanking on it?
  2. SnailpowerMk7

GTI to Golf R?

I can agree though that I love seeing all types of Golfs out in the wild. In fact, if we all owned GTIs it would be a bore. I can't say it enough how much I love seeing the civilian golfs out in the wild. It makes me feel extra special with the GTI trim, lol. Though yeah, let's not even get...
  3. SnailpowerMk7

GTI to Golf R?

I was referring to base price I guess in my post. An average GTI base is around 24,999. A base average starting price of an "R" should be around 39,999. Of course I know AWD will be better in snow. No doubt about it. There is a reason hospitals have a fleet of subarus for their staff that deal...
  4. SnailpowerMk7

GTI to Golf R?

That's a good speech but I don't buy it, lol. I live in Jersey. A stone throw away from you and get equally sh!!!ty weather. I've owned a GTI for 8 years and had zero issues in the snow. Granted, you will want to have a spare set of Winter tires to deal with it, but otherwise you should be fine...
  5. SnailpowerMk7

Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the Mk7.5 GTI 2.0T.

I gotcha. Kind of bummed out to hear that but it is what it is, lol. Thank you.
  6. SnailpowerMk7

Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the Mk7.5 GTI 2.0T.

When are you guys offering a sale? lol.
  7. SnailpowerMk7

Cheap Exhaust??

I don't think the 2.5 inch in rear is an issue. The primary performance comes from the size of the DP. With that said thuogh, does anyone know when AWE throws up their sales?
  8. SnailpowerMk7

Cheap Exhaust??

Whose got 7 speed? Unless you're tuned with a pops and bang, I don't think manual will get you any pops if you're stock.
  9. SnailpowerMk7

Thread derailed.....ugly car discussion and blue holes.....

Well some might not have enough left in the charge to get home :LOL: That last hoorah to floor it just might leave them on empty, lol. Don't think they want to plug their car into the local gas station at night and have to wait around for that slow charge to take place...
  10. SnailpowerMk7

I thought would they would have to do is rebuild our entire road infrastructure from the ground up. Have like specific lanes that are designed to be read by the car and that is what keeps everyone in check. Like a grid or something. The hard part to take into consideration are all those...
  11. SnailpowerMk7

DSG or Manual

The manual in this car is really designed for the non modder who is probably going to lease the car or leave it completely stock. More than likely they wouldn't complain about it. It's light, smooth and simple. No thrills shifting for a car lacking power stock. Makes sense VW went cheap on the...
  12. SnailpowerMk7

Yeah, it does worry me a tad. Need to take in all the moments now while they're available. I think Joe Rogan mentioned on one of his shows, that of all the cars he owns, he has like this 1970s Porsche that is just crazy mechanical and isn't the fastest car in the world but his favorite to...
  13. SnailpowerMk7

Teslas are for people that hate driving, no matter how fast they are. On one end they're trying to show you how wickedly fast they are. Then on the other end, they're trying to be autonomous where you don't even need to drive the car... yay! How does that work? Listen, Teslas are iPhones with...
  14. SnailpowerMk7

Well yes, I wasn't directly talking nowadays. I was referring to the past where they could actually make solid manuals. Quick example, hmm, my Srt4 that was only sold in manual would run a 13.7 1/4 stock. You won't get that in a stock DSG. Lucky if a stg1 or 2 can even hit that. You said the...
  15. SnailpowerMk7

I would of said, WHAT A DICK! Then try to speed up to get a race war going. AIN'T HAVING IT! :LOL: