GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by smanierre

1. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

I appreciate the thorough writeup! I currently have a thinkpad for my personal laptop, and a Mac for work. I hate the Mac, (OS and just the feel of it), so I think i'll be ok with the quality of the framework. Are you running windows on it or linux? I'm planning on linux if I get one, but am...
  2. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

How's the framework treating you? I'm thinking of getting one as my next (and hopefully last) laptop
  3. smanierre

iRacing

Anyone trying to do a MX-5 race at Okayama this week? It's the track coming up so i've actually been practicing it and i'm not total dog shit on it right now
  4. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

Just took the first steps to upgrade my home network to 10Gbe. Starting with 2 1TB nvme drives to throw in my NAS as cache drives. This should let me saturate the connection writing to the server, although reading will still be slower if it's coming from the main array that is backed by...
  5. smanierre

iRacing

I'm definitely down for weekly/monthly races. Although i'm still in the trying to get a single clean lap stage. Doing the MX-5s at Oulton. Not sure if it's just a tricky track or i'm especially bad
  6. smanierre

iRacing

Got my setup done for now. Still need to get a better monitor setup but i've got iRacing setup and am ready to play
  7. smanierre

iRacing

Just ordered my wheel the other day. Only thing I need now is the monitor stand, but I think I should be able to rig something up in the meantime to still get some practice in
  8. smanierre

iRacing

I should have mine together around late February so I can join in then
  9. smanierre

iRacing

I actually scooped up a alpha mini and P-1000 on black friday. Just need to get the actual wheel once i'm back and i'll hopefully be good to go
  10. smanierre

iRacing

I just bought the chassis for my sim. Gonna try and acquire the rest of the parts these coming months so it's all waiting for me when i'm back home. Once it's together i'd definitely be down to race
  11. smanierre

Fall Foliage Car Cruise (CT)

I did one once a few years ago. Started at Harbor Park/Canoe Club in middletown, went through devils hopyard to the opera house in east haddam, then backroads to durham and back to middletown. Definitely a lot of fun. I was also the slowest car there, it was all S model Audi's and a McLaren
  12. smanierre

About 28 years ago, moved here from my mom.
  13. smanierre

Wish I coulda made it, car was still leaking oil though and we had to do preparation for our halloween party. Springtime dustoff cruise anyone?
  14. smanierre

Chocolate milk margarita :cool:
  15. smanierre

None other than the fucking conk. I'll be able to let you know a bit later if i'll be able to make it, but right now i'm leaning towards no unfortunately