GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

smanierre's latest activity

• smanierre
    smanierre replied to the thread Sean's Shadow Blue GTI.
    So close to having my engine totally torn down. Only things left are the rods/pistons, crankshaft, RMS, and balance shafts. Anyone know...
  • smanierre
    So close to having my engine totally torn down. Only things left are the rods/pistons, crankshaft, RMS, and balance shafts. Anyone know...
  • smanierre
    Yeah I'm gonna ask some people that have built high hp cars what their opinions are. The original plan was to get it bored out to 83mm...
  • smanierre
    Yeah i'm debating if I even need to get the walls touched up anymore, I thought they would be in worse shape. I may just run stock size...
  • smanierre
    Popped my top off if you know what i'm saying. Had to wait for the 10mm polydrive socket to come in for the headbolts. They came off...
  • smanierre
    Popped my top off if you know what i'm saying. Had to wait for the 10mm polydrive socket to come in for the headbolts. They came off...
  • smanierre
    I shoulda beat on it more to burn off all that carbon
  • smanierre
    Had a bit of a delay in my plans since I couldn't find my timing tools from last time I did it. I just ended up buying another set since...
  • smanierre
    It's a TSI mk5 so same motor. Really at that point it just matters what style you like more. Under the body they're basically the same...
  • smanierre
    I've got the A/C system from my car that I'll be giving away for free if anyone wants it, if not i'll be throwing it out in the next 3...
  • smanierre
    I think i'll be good with the baggy method. I know most of the names of the parts so I should have no issue finding when I need them...
  • smanierre
    Didn't have much time to work on it today. Got the upper and lower timing covers off though. This is the tensioner after about 60k miles...
  • smanierre
    Got that line out of the back of the engine. Did a little wiggling and prying at the same time with a screw driver. Also got around to...
  • smanierre
    Got that line out of the back of the engine. Did a little wiggling and prying at the same time with a screw driver. Also got around...
  • smanierre
    I tried that but it didn't come lose at all that I can tell 🥺