GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by sloopercat

1. S

VW Areton ownership opinions

I looked briefly at the Arteon. The audio system is pretty bad until you go to the top trim. Looking at slightly used ones and the depreciation is curve is very steep. Looks like near 50% in two years. I wouldn’t pay $54K to get the top trim knowing it will depreciate at least $1000 per month.
  2. S

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

The dealer saw the car at 41K when I complained about coolant loss. First loss noted at 30K, filled it and then to the dealer, it was at the lower level line. Now, at 45K it is already at the bottom line, losing coolant quicker. Plenty of warranty left. My understanding is they do a leak test by...
  3. S

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/product/usp-ultimate-water-pump-replacement-kit-for-gen-3-75026432 No connection with these, no experience either.
  4. S

My 2019 has the smell, but is inconsistent. Definitely coming from the right front of the engine. When they did the TPS software recall I had them look at the coolant loss. It has dropped to the add level twice in 45K. They gave me some BS nonsense about this being a vented system so loss is...
  5. S

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

I had a JB1 hooked up. When gas got more excited I pulled it off and went back to regular. I did not boost much down low in the rpm range, clutch concerns (stock) and it really does not need much help down low. It definitely runs out of oomph near redline. I am not wanting to use 92 octane. I am...
  6. S

The dealership that tried to find the leak on mine did not charge me anything to do that.
  7. S

Dealer Scam?

I went back and read a few historical threads. What makes little sense is IF the rear wheel toe is indeed out of spec and the system still functions, why would you need a sensor alignment when you are bringing it back to factory specs, which should bring it back closer to how the car was setup...
  8. S

Dealer Scam?

FYI, here is the exact response I got back: Thank you for your recent service visit. I wanted to apologize about not receiving a text indicating that your vehicle was ready. We are in the stage of rolling out a BDC, business development center, in the next few weeks, which should minimize...
  9. S

Dealer Scam?

The rest of the story…. I complained in my follow up. According to them, if the rear toe is found out of adjustment, during the $139 alignment, they claim all the sensors need to be aligned for an additional $499. I still think it’s BS and their incentive would be to find the rear toe out of...
  10. S

Dealer Scam?

I dont generally keep cars a long time. This experience with them says I am not changing vehicles for a while. I understand it’s a business, but I guess I am not stupid enough to continue doing business with them when they are trying to deceitfully take money off me. Don’t these dealers and...
  11. S

Dealer Scam?

Evidently that scam must work enough times to make it worth their while. How low can they go? It seems borderline illegal to sell you something that is completely unnecessary.
  12. S

Dealer Scam?

I don’t think my 40K unmolested car needs it. If something is wrong with sensor alignment I would think it would be a warranty item. My loaner has ACC, I hate it.
  13. S

Dealer Scam?

Dropped off my 2019 GTI for the TPS recall and to see if the coolant loss was something they would address. So I get a new service invoice sent to me via text, after their complimentary inspection. Tires I knew about, no thanks, and no the now nearly bald PS4s show no sign of abnormal wear...
  14. S

My 2019 GTI is not covered in this class action. It does however leak a bit of coolant. Around 30K I was smelling occasional whiffs of coolant from the Tstat water pump area, the coolant was down to the lower level of the add line on the reservoir, so I topped it up. The coolant smell is not...
  15. S

2019 CELs?

Car started by dead spotting on accel, like it was shutting itself off. Stalled upon starting. I have a VCDS. Here are the codes. Engine Status Malfunction 010. Mil codes P0068 MAP/MAF Throttle position correlation , P1158 MAP implausible signal, P2279 Leak in air intake, P0106 MAP Bar sensor...