GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Recent content by SLC4EVER

1. SLC4EVER

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

OE lugs are ball seat. Aftermarket wheels are typically conical unless you go custom forged in which case you can specify. So you'll need conical bolts regardless if they are long enough or not. You want a minimum of 5 threads engagement. Any less and you need longer bolts. Most attractive...
  2. SLC4EVER

Mss track kit VS H&R vtf kit

Much lower than I would want to go. Enough to bottom out the front struts no doubt. My car isn't lowered all the way but it is low enough to make it challenging getting out of my driveway. DCC settings feel like they should, very happy with the results. Although after lowering my car I had...
  3. SLC4EVER

Mss track kit VS H&R vtf kit

Check out KW H.A.S. kit as well. Very happy with it and DCC.
  4. SLC4EVER

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Very cool, thank you. I agree with all your points. I'm going to give them a try. The only thing that bugs me about this knob is that it's not double stitched like the boot, but all of the other points outweigh that minor flaw. I also like that the engraving isn't so in your face or a logo. Very...
  5. SLC4EVER

What did you do to your mk7 today?

What brand shift knob is that? Not bad.
  6. SLC4EVER

DCC Opinions?

Very happy with it. I won't buy another without it now that I've had it. I change modes daily depending on road conditions and driving mood. Makes me smile going from feeling/hearing every little ripple in the road to smooth and quiet at the touch of a button. If you plan on lowering your car...
  7. SLC4EVER

**SOLD**Racingline wheel stud conversion kit - studs only

Brand new unused Racingline wheel studs (20ea). Racingline lug nuts not included. I converted the conversion to titanium studs. $60 shipped CONUS **SOLD**
  8. SLC4EVER

StopTech - ST40 - Trophy Sport Big Brake Kit

just an fyi...you list the standard cast caliper part number (ST-40). The Trophy kit uses their fully machined STR-40 or STR-60 and only come natural anodized.
  9. SLC4EVER

Better HID bulbs

HID Concept has a 15% off coupon code right now if you're in the market for bulbs. Discount code: JC15 I ordered these...and will report back once installed. Hoping they are better than these lackluster OE bulbs...
  10. SLC4EVER

Getting more camber with a minimum of impact on NVH?

No problem. It's something I've been doing to all my VW's over the years (I'm old AF) and it's just become habit. When you tinker a lot you find ways to do so without making multiple trips to the alignment shop. Lifetime alignments like you have are a great alternative. For sure there...
  11. SLC4EVER

It will have to wait...tape measure walked away. BTW, the KW H.A.S. height adjustment collar setting is 6 turns out from max low on the front and 3 turns out on the rear. So it appears you can go super low with the KW spring kit.
  12. SLC4EVER

Fender to ground looks to be 25.50" front and 25.87" rear. I'm running a 235/35-19 on a 19x9.5. LCA is slightly below level.
  13. SLC4EVER

A bunch Of Goodies (Maryland)

I'll try that, thanks!
  14. SLC4EVER

A bunch Of Goodies (Maryland)

Would you mind posting a picture of the back of the gas pedal? I'm trying to remove mine and it doesn't want to budge. It feels like I'm going to break it.
  15. SLC4EVER

Here ya go... Here's a picture of ride height. Also notice camber in front is visibly more than the rear. Although this picture was taken before the current alignment specs, but right after installing everything.