GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by skadee

1. S

Sun roof lost it's mind

I'm afraid that didn't work. After sending the glass to the rear, I held for 4 seconds, then sent it forward (holding the switch). Holding the switch forward to shut sends it forward, but of continued to be held, the glass reverses direction and heads back again. From shut, the press to tilt...
  2. S

Sun roof lost it's mind

Ah, will try!
  3. S

Sunroof leak

Just got my letter today too. Hope you didn't hit the flexseal yet!
  4. S

Sun roof lost it's mind

my sun roof no longer does "auto tilt", "auto close" or "auto open". Any tips? Dealer wants to start with a $225 diagnostic, and I'm inclined to deal with the inconvenience, but it's an odd thing to start out of the blue. Would it just be a bad switch? If it were, I'd expect it to at least do...
  5. S

Removing cigarette smoke smell?

+1 As stated, a thorough interior detailing, then park the car on a hot day with a 2A battery charger hooked on, and the vent fan on high/recirc, with the ozone generator going all day. Switching between "heat" (feet), "defrost" and the main vents every couple hours will help ensure that all...
  6. S

Sunroof Frame Cracked??

Thanks for the replies. I was anticipating 1k, but they blew me away with a 2-3k rough estimate. They are currently looking into "VW goodwill", but if I'm going to be shelling out that kinda coin, Permatex is the first attempt. Not sure I'm up to pulling the headliner, but one of the techs...
  7. S

Sunroof Frame Cracked??

VW's had my 2017 GTI for 2 days, and just found out today that the sunroof frame is cracked, THREE MONTHS OUT OF WARRANTY!! No idea of what this is going to run me, because the local shop doesn't do "body" work, and the next nearest VW shop that can is 40 min away (not bad, but still). This...
  8. S

Sound / Nav functions disable while driving

Reboot the MIB? Is that the ODB eleven itself?
  9. S

Carista is new to me, but I checked it out, they don't list enabling nav edits while in motion. They list "Allow "Phone" settings in MMI while car is in motion" but list it's for VW Jetta only. If you see something different, I'm down with dropping $10 for the feature.
  10. S

Well, I've been to the Great White North, and miss it, but it's been a while! I'm a midwesterner now. The shop's willing to do it for free, I got an APR Stage 1 from them, but I'm not sure how long the offer to do the VCDS will hold up. I picked up an ODB eleven a couple years ago for the...
  11. S

Are the exact adaptation code lines available? I have a shop willing to do it for me, but there looked to be like 20 different lines they'd have to change to "unblock". While I don't know how much time that'll take, but if there's one or two lines that they need to edit, that's a lot better...
  12. S

subwoofer upgrade Fender Audio

I hate MDF too, try MDO - the surface is just like MDF, but it's Medium Density Overlay, much lighter. A sheet of 3/4 MDF = 99 lbs, a sheet of 3/4 MDO = 55 lbs (some can be 69 lbs, but still way lighter).
  13. S

Does Apr Do Black Friday on tunes?

Yep, my local APR dealer said it was the EPA rules that put a halt to the stage 2 downpipe sales. I'm driving an MT, and not really interested in having to push a much heavier clutch when this one goes, so Stage 1 is it for me.
  14. S

Does Apr Do Black Friday on tunes?

Anyone know if APR has historically sold Stage 1 at a break on Black Friday? My MK7 is out of warranty end of December, and a tune is first on the list. If theres a deal to be had, I may just squeeze it in month early! I've seen ads from last year on accessories, but not on tunes.
  15. S

Complete Fender System Speaker Upgrade *Updated Nov 22/19*

Nice work! It looked like you said you used the original wiring harness on the sub (I'm planning to just do the sub), but how did you get the wiring off of the original sub and what's the wiring polarity of the harness for each coil? I'd prefer to keep the OEM sub in a condition that I can plug...