GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by shlimp

1. S

Please delete

Are you on a timeline to get these? I have them installed on my car currently but won't be able to install my new set up for a few weeks. I'd sell these already installed into a strut mount.
  2. S

Thoughts on motor/transmission mounts?

I've got the 70 durometer ones in my R. Haven't had an issue but I'm definitely going to check it now.
  3. S

Tyrolsport vs Isweep vs Unibrace vs Pierce Motorsport vs Ultra Racing

The isweep made a very big difference in turn in. One of my favorite suspension mods next to increasing negative camber.
  4. S

Whiteline Roll Center Kit

Does it rub at full lock? Meaning 100% turned right or left. That's usually where the issue is.
  5. S

Are Catted Downpipes all the same?

Also some downpipes use a cast portion that is thicker and heavier towards the turbo. I believe these tend to be quieter than the non-cast equivalents. Some downpipes also have different placements for the cat. Friend and I both have the same catback but different catted downpipes and our cars...
  6. S

Cat backs -2

To add to this conversation, different downpipes will sound different with the same exhaust. Depending on the cat placement, whether it's catted or not, and different cat densities. Friend and I have the same exhaust but different downpipes. He has the apr catted downpipe and I have the milltek...
  7. S

Whiteline Roll Center Kit

Yeah the Superpro version has that warning about BBK fitment. The whiteline ones however do not. There's a lot of variables but it seems to be in situations with a larger than stock rotors. I ended up having to take this product off because I also have the ST-40 355mm kit.
  8. S

Share your best office prank....

In the pre-covid days, I would put bowls of candy in the break room. I'd fill with them a mix of skittles, reese's, and m&m (extra points if you could find weird flavors like coconut or coffee). People would just walk by and grab a handful and stick it in their mouths then you'd hear screams of...
  9. S

At this point I have had it since black Friday of last year. Maybe 10k miles or more? I had products from this company on my focus st and they were great.
  10. S

I have the cpe transmission mount. I like it much better than the polyurethane transmission mounts I've had. Much more comfortable but still holds everything in place. Think I got the 75 durometer version.
  11. S

Anyone know of a R13 ball seat lug nut lock for the stock GTI wheels?

https://www.achtuning.com/hartmann-14mm-diameter-r13-ball-seat-lug-bolts-10-pack/ https://store.034motorsport.com/wheel-nut-audi-vw-r13-ball-seat-m14x1-5.html
  12. S

LABOR DAY GIVE AWAY! Presented by BEC Auto Parts, Unitronic, deAutoLED, Equilibrium Tuning, and Black Forest Industries

Thanks to the sponsors for doing this! Will be purchasing from them in support.
  13. S

Solomotorsports Atlanta Tuning?

A lot of people recommend Southside autoworks. Also join the Atlanta mk7 group on Facebook. Lots of helpful local info.
  14. S

Solomotorsports Atlanta Tuning?

What side of town are you on? There's quite a few shops that can do the work for way less. I've always thought their pricing was way too expensive.
  15. S

How to retro-fit the Mk8 rear suspension aero covers or stone guards to a Mk7 Golf.

Great and very detailed guide. Thanks for putting in the work. I will be sourcing myself a set.