GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Shifty6

1. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

First modification: Installed the Euro headlight switch without the auto feature. I love this thing. Now I can run fogs with parking lights. Yay!
  2. S

Station preset saves

This seems odd since my 1998 truck did this... is there a way to get the station presets to save the EQ settings of bass mid and treble, per station? I will typically switch from talk radio and music. I have to really bump up the volume if the bass is a bit higher from the music. I just can't...
  3. S

New 2016 GTI "S" trim delivered in the US

So is there anyone in the United States that has taken delivery of a 2016 GTI specifically in "S" trim? I am a bit curious, the media release from VWoA says it will come with the rear backup camera standard. The topic was covered earlier on here and it was somewhat decided that it was not going...
  4. S

One car ONLY - past & present

Past: 1955 Mercedes gullwing 300SL Present: corvette Z06
  5. S

VW Golf MK2 TFSI!

I totally understand the project. Sometimes its not about the end result, but rather the process. If he just paid someone to do it, maybe not, but I could see doing all that yourself, and enjoying the process. Look at those guys that restore amphibious cars or Nash's. Those things are worthless...
  6. S

Scirocco R vs Focus RS

Good golly, they left a few of those guys for dead! And what would it take to get the GTI to sound like THAT!?!?!?
  7. S

VW/Audi Buys Ducati to expand brand portfolio

Awesome!! I am hoping to demo ride the panigale this saturday. WAY too much bike for me (I can't handle the 996) but would be chubby to look at in teh garage!
  8. S

2013 SRT Viper Revealed

My first thought was....is he really wearing a shirt with the word "Detroit" on it in the Ferrari font/logo? I guess it could make sense...technically they are part of the same family. There is a lot of influence from Ferrari, and other cars. Its OK, I think I would spend money on something...
  9. S

Ahhh TT-RS

Yeah they are 20K different if you only get paint on the TT-RS. If you add anything to it, you are looking at $60,000. You could get a GTI AND an R.
  10. S

The Nissan Batmobile

The only thing "Nissan" about that car is the sticker. I have heard it does fairly well. It will be interesting to see run. But I can tell you it has nothing to do with Nissan,
  11. S

2013 Audi A3

I think this is a great looking car. I really looked at the A3, but the interior was a HUGE step down from an A4 in my opinion. The A3 seems as cheap or even cheaper than the GTI. I do like the AWD but need a stick shift. If the 3 door came to USA, I would look at it. I think it would slot in...
  12. S

Wife got a speeding Ticket today.

So your wife was breaking the law by speeding, the cop followed the law by writing her a ticket, your pissed off because he followed the law by writing the ticket and you feel he should have broken the law he swore to uphold, because...... I can see why you are upset with the cop.
  13. S

if this happened to me.....

I thought the great driving was the semi driver letting off the brakes so the trailer falls back in line and avoids hitting the car!
  14. S

2012 quattro concept

I'll take it!
  15. S

Tesla Model S

Don't you mean Solyndra in 2011? They took huge government money. I think it is very innovative however, John Q isn't going to step up till range increases and costs PLUMMET!