GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by sheldon902

1. sheldon902

Flashing Back To Stock Question? (EQT/Unitronic related)

Decided to email EQT and I got this response is no time at all... "I have a hopefully quick question. I had purchased an Accessport and tune(ECU/TCU) by you guys from a reseller in December and it installed and worked great with zero issues. However, I just had to have a new DSG transmission...
  2. sheldon902

yeah, as far as i know, thats what they did.
  3. sheldon902

History: 2020: bought a 2017 GTI tuned with Unitronic Stage 1(ECU only)(didnt know it was tuned when I bought it) December 2021: had it tuned with EQT Stage 1 ECU/TCU August 2022: had to replace my transmission :\ September 2022: trying to decide what to do next. Before having the trans...
  4. sheldon902

MK7 DSG Mechatronic Failure

My car was giving me a "transmission in emergency mode" error and a few others retrieved with my Cobb AP. After having it into the dealer twice they initially thought it was the mechatronic module but, now they're thinking something else and that the entire transmission needs to be replaced...
  5. sheldon902

Show us your MK7

18x8!
  6. sheldon902

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I'm by no means an expert but, it feels much more responsive and smooth. Less jerky and unsure(if that makes sense). It was pouring rain on the drive home last night so, I took it pretty easy.
  7. sheldon902

Installed EQT Stg 1 ECU/TCU software yesterday. Quite the difference over the Unitronic tune was was on it before.
  8. sheldon902

Getting mine(EQT stg 1) wednesday! can't wait :)
  9. sheldon902

Does my car have a tune?

I was in the same boat. bought a 2017 GTI and I had a sneaking suspicion that it was tuned but, I never gave it much thought until I went for a repair and it was flagged by VW. Checked the carfax and after reading the history I noticed that it was in "for service" at a tuning shop a few hours...
  10. sheldon902

they just said to hold the fob near where the manual key would normally go then start the car. worked fine.
  11. sheldon902

Eveytime i got out of the car (once i figured out how to get in manually) my alarm kept going off. it was quite the ordeal until i called vw and they told me what to do. my poor neighbors
  12. sheldon902

I had to get a new key fob battery. Needless to say, I ran a bit late to work this morning:ROFLMAO::confused:
  13. sheldon902

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Thanks for the reply. In D or S mode there are no gear numbers. As for the ECU tune, it feels ok but, I'd definitely be open to trying something else. I've been considering APR, UM and IE. However, the closest shop near me is a 4 hour drive each way. so, theres that too heh