GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Recent content by Shane_Anigans

1. Shane_Anigans

Discounts on GLI S DSG?

The total incentive cash on 2019 GLI S in LA is $2750, until 3/2/20.
  2. Shane_Anigans

2019 GTI Incentive Programs 1/7/20-3/2/20 (Updated 1/17/20)

There are no incentives on 2020 GTi at this time, as is usually the case when the vehicle has just been released. Incentives start small and get better as the model year ages, provided demand doesn't drop. By October-December of that year, the dealer cash incentives on 2017 were up to $5500...
  3. Shane_Anigans

Conti ECS Only Gave Me 13k Miles

After rebates, I got mine for $430. They were basically the same price as Firestone Indy500s, so it was a no-brainer.
  4. Shane_Anigans

Found an online BlackBook Lite - Free

The dealers use Blackbook (and others) as a guideline, and the prices in all the guidebooks are based on average transaction prices, most of which are from dealers.
  5. Shane_Anigans

Bought my first GTI today.

Right, but once the factory warranty is up, who cares what they find when they scan it? Your aftermarket warranty pays for repairs as if they were paid for by the customer, and outside of the warranty, VW has nothing to say in the matter. Dealers are independently owned and operated, and like...
  6. Shane_Anigans

Bought my first GTI today.

VW's factory warranty is stringent about tuning, and when a car goes to a dealer for warranty repairs, once the claim is approved, the dealer is essentially covering the cost of the repair themselves, until they are reimbursed by VW for the repair. If, however, the claim is later rejected...
  7. Shane_Anigans

Found an online BlackBook Lite - Free

Just for laughs, I checked my car's value. Factoring in the mileage and the fact that it's "extra clean," their retail value is more than what I paid for it 2 years ago. The trade-in seems slightly optimistic as well. In the end, it all comes down to your particular circumstances; to make my...
  8. Shane_Anigans

Thinking about trading 2017 Civic Si for new GTI

There's nothing weird about wanting a manual, for those exact reasons. If driving enjoyment weren't high on our collective list of features, this forum wouldn't exist and we'd all be on a different forum, discussing how much we love our silver Ford Escapes.
  9. Shane_Anigans

Thinking about trading 2017 Civic Si for new GTI

The GTI is the first 2-pedal car I've ever owned, in 23 years of driving. I have no complaints about the responsiveness of the DSG when I feel like hustling, and the automatic mode is a godsend whenever I get stuck in traffic (especially when I return to the GTA to visit my cousins, because no...
  10. Shane_Anigans

Assuming your credit score is 700+, the difference in rates is called "dealer participation," which is industry-speak for "they're padding your rate and keeping the difference." Basically, ask them to show you a copy of the credit decision from VCI which indicates that 3.79 is the rate they're...
  11. Shane_Anigans

Conti ECS Only Gave Me 13k Miles

I put a set of ECS on my car in May 2018, drive an average of 700 miles per month, and run winter tires for a minimum of 3-4 months per year, depending on the weather. Tires are rotated whenever I swap from summer to winter and back, since I don't go the full 7500 in one season. When I removed...
  12. Shane_Anigans

Cliff Notes: Cash is up, rates are down vs December. MY20 GTI has no incentives at this time. Current incentives good through 3/2/20 unless VW updates them early. UPDATE: Dealers in CT, DE, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, OH and MI receive additional $500 on all 2019 GTI (excluding Rabbit...
  13. Shane_Anigans

GTI Incentives December 2019

I can't remember what the Alltrack incentives were last month, but the current dealer cash is $2500. The APR is the same as the GTI, with $2000 for Special APR and $3000 for Dealer Choice. The lease factors and residuals are 0.00032, 49% (36mo) and 0.00082, 42% (48mo) with $550 lease cash.