GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Shane_Anigans

1. Shane_Anigans

Moving to US from Canada with Vehicle

Importing a Canadian-market vehicle is basically just a visual inspection and a letter from VW Canada and/or a printout from the dealership that says there are no outstanding safety recalls. If the state in which you plan to register it requires a safety inspection, it must pass the inspection...
  2. Shane_Anigans

Low profile floor jacks

Sweet. That'll save a lot of hassle when putting it up on 4 stands. The front lift point is the thing I miss most about my old Civic. I have seen those stands that are wider than the jack, but last I looked, they weren't in stock.
  3. Shane_Anigans

Low profile floor jacks

I've been tempted to buy one of these, but only if it can reach the subframe from the front of the car. If it can't, I'll just stick with my 3-ton Arcan.
  4. Shane_Anigans

FS: ( SOLD)*Cobb Accessport (MK7/MK7.5 GTI)

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you.
  5. Shane_Anigans

FS: ( SOLD)*Cobb Accessport (MK7/MK7.5 GTI)

I've heard that EQT tuning files are VIN-locked, so they won't work on any car besides yours.
  6. Shane_Anigans

List Black Friday Deals

USP Motorsport has 10% off the already-reduced prices on APR goods.
  7. Shane_Anigans

Best Polish - NOT for Paint Correction

I live in MI so I have no idea what you're talking about. :LOL:
  8. Shane_Anigans

Now that I'm thinking about it, I may have bumped the speed up a notch for the hood and roof. (Also that was supposed to be "car wash damage" but sometimes this keyboard doesn't work as intended.) I was pleasantly surprised by the result, considering that a few people mentioned (after I'd...
  9. Shane_Anigans

Orange hex-logic. Tried the white one 1st but the car wash damage was too severe. I have a Porter-cable DA; not pro-grade but I got it for Xmas one year, and it does well enough for me.
  10. Shane_Anigans

I had used just the paint sealant once, but I read somewhere (or I'm imagining that I did) that the polymer sealant would keep it shiny longer, but didn't offer the same protection as carnauba. I've no idea if that's actually true, but I applied both over Memorial Day weekend this year (yay...
  11. Shane_Anigans

List Black Friday Deals

Email from USP says that any order you place from now until 11/15 will get you 5% back in loyalty points that you can spend during their BF sale.
  12. Shane_Anigans

I used Meguiar's M20 sealant, and then a coat of carnauba wax. The results of which are that with a pressure washer and a foam cannon, washing my car at home is almost completely touchless.
  13. Shane_Anigans

I've been using Meguiar's Ultimate Polish on my car; it needed some minor correction due to car wash marks (and yes I've learned my lesson about "soft cloth" washes), but since the paint was still in pretty good shape, I figured I'd try it before using something more aggressive. It removed the...
  14. Shane_Anigans

Correct BOSCH...(not NGK) plugs for 2018+

Yeah, you definitely wouldn't want to put Brazilian, Chinese, Russian, or (god forbid) Indian spark plugs in your "German" engine that came from Mexico.