GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by scott59

1. S

Loss of coolant?

I had the low coolant light come on a couple weeks ago. Cant see where I'm losing any coolant, (not really sure exactly where to look). Read a couple places not unusual to lose some coolant, (mines a 19, not many miles), but water pump is also a known issue, fingers crossed for normal loss. I...
  2. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Yep, Peanut butter in old fashion Victor rat trap. Thought about leaving him there a few day as a warning but afraid he'd start stinking up the place, I like that idea though sterkrazzy.
  3. S

Yes good idea, I'm thinking that rat wasn't there for very long, think I had the hood open a couple weeks ago. I'll go 3 or 4 days without driving as I ride my bicycle to work. I did trap one last night, and now I keep my hood open at night (in car port) and a couple rat traps around my car.
  4. S

Not what I did but what co-worker did, couple days ago, backed into my hood! (older Tacoma pickup), crap. Took it to Dent Busters, about 1600 bucks, said they would partial paint the hood, replace grille and emblem, both cracked. Then went to local body shop, they said they would paint the...
  5. S

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Did some logs this morning, thought I turned off the "Combine Logs", apparently not. It's just map 1, but does it look pretty normal? Thought I'd email George and maybe get a clutch saver map 6, I'm not really an aggressive driver (most of the time) and only drive 5 or 6k a year so may not...
  6. S

Thanks guys, will do tonight. Seemed like it was too tight between the battery and ECU, I'll check it out again.
  7. S

Installed JB4, those connectors make me nervous, afraid of breaking one, I'm sure they'll be easier next time. Planning on taking it in in a few months for last free oil change and get the FX24 flash, hopefully they'll come apart easier, pretty sure they will.
  8. S

Emission Service Action 24FX

Thanks sloopercat, haven't installed it yet. Going to wait and take it in maybe this week, I'm do one more free oil change, so let them do that and the FX24 update, then I'll install the JB4.
  9. S

Emission Service Action 24FX

I got it today, just happen to get my JB4 in the mail also, so not installed yet, (not that a piggyback will be detected, but who knows?). Thinking I may call the dealer and see what they say. Not sure if this is related to the stalling issue with the early 19's. Mine started stalling a few...
  10. S

Thanks goodvibes.
  11. S

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

I used a heat gun on the exhaust pipes.
  12. S

Been reading up on JB4 tune, decided to go for it, being 2 years into my 6 year warranty definitely have some hesitation, but WTH, what can go wrong, (don't tell me). Couldn't really find an exact answer but wondering when using map 1, (I don't have any mods) do you just plug it in and forget...
  13. S

When I did mine I wrapped the joint with some "Tiger Patch" muffler/tailpipe quick patch, then put 2.5" (63mm to 67mm) lap joint band clamp on, seems to seal okay. Just don't get the Tiger Patch too hot, can be pretty messy.
  14. S

I installed mine today, propped it up under the car, marked where to cut, used a cheap disk cutter, cut real easy. One thing, wished I'd left more on the car (like about 4-6 inches) as the old pipe fit into the TCR pipe. Used the clamp I posted in post #328. Unfortunately it's leaking, not bad...