GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by RSLICK

1. RSLICK

Drumming sound from tires?

So, I switched over to my snow tires yesterday. I think the sound is gone, but I am not 100 percent certain because the snows are quite noisy, and am wondering if when I get up to 50-60 the hum drowns out the noise that I was hearing. Most likely it is the Continentals. I will rebalance and...
  2. RSLICK

There was a huge recall on Continental tires recently. I checked my tires, and this model doesn't seem to be in the recall. So, probably not defective. However, the tire shop that I deal with can't explain the brown patchy finish to the tires, nor have the members of this forum made any...
  3. RSLICK

Well, it's going in for a rotation and rebalance. These tires had such great reviews. Is it possible I bought a set of defective tires? When they were put on I was surprised at the appearance. I thought the sidewalls would have been a solid black. They weren't. They were a patchy brown...
  4. RSLICK

I bought the tires new in the Spring. I would think no more than 2000 miles. Maybe I should just rotate the tires as a first step, and see what happens. I am taking the car in for an inspection, maybe they will see something, but geez, they are new tires. I thought maybe a rebalance.
  5. RSLICK

Howdy, so I have noticed a sound coming from the back. I thought it was an early wheel bearing failure in the back rear. I went into the dealership here, and the technician went for a ride. He said no to the wheel bearing as it would have been much louder. He noticed the sound and even...
  6. RSLICK

Replacing o rings on oil pump for LSD

Yes, looks like that is all there is, except the sport differential has to be a the correct temperature before putting in fresh oil. o_O Dap has an excellent video on You tube as to how this is done.
  7. RSLICK

Replacing o rings on oil pump for LSD

Coming up to the 5 year mark with 20000 miles the LSD oil pump sprung a leak. The O rings needed to be replaced. Evidently, Volkswagen Canada didn't consider this to be covered under the power train warranty. Go figure. They eventually did agree to cover 2 thirds of the cost however, and...
  8. RSLICK

18" Pretorias for my 7.5

Howdy, so I am thinking about installing these, and am wondering how they would look without adding spacers. I understand some think they look a whole lot better having them, but I think they maybe illegal here in Canada. Does it improve the looks that much by having them?
  9. RSLICK

Need vehicle battery replacement recommendation

In the end I had it replaced by an independent. They swore by Exide with a 5 year warranty. 3 years no questions asked. 5 years prorated. It was significantly cheaper than the dealership who is confused. The independent told me of one driver whose OEM lasted 11 years. They tested my...
  10. RSLICK

Update: So, the dealer phoned me back. They made a mistake. It turns out it is an AGM battery, not an EFB. But, it still is outrageously expensive. Not only for the price, but the warranty is for only 1 year! I raised that point, and he said he was still digging into it, as it does seem...
  11. RSLICK

Howdy, So the dealership has only one battery to offer for my 2018 GTI. It is an Interstate performance battery. That is all the info they could give me. Performance because it is flooded battery, and matched to the GTI. They can't give me any specification whatsoever, other than it is 68...
  12. RSLICK

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Wow, that is impressive. Thanks for your thoughts.
  13. RSLICK

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Maybe I might win stupid question of the year with this one! Given that there is an extreme shortage of chips, is there swapping of chips going on? What I mean is that, say I take my car in to an independent for whatever reason, and the car is running fine. But, the dishonest tech wants your...
  14. RSLICK

4 inch scratch on wheel

So, I got it sorted with the Tires unlimited the tire shop. They want the wheel for about a week, and will ship it to Vancouver which is another city close to where I live in Victoria. B.C. I forgot to ask, but I would think it would be powder coated. Maybe just painted with clear coat...
  15. RSLICK

4 inch scratch on wheel

Yes, still waiting for the manager to phone, but I am not stressed by it. I phoned the VW dealer here, and the parts department wants to sell me a new set of black 18" Pretorias. I was thinking of running with these, and use the Miltons(I think that is the name of the wheel on there now) for...