GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Ronin3

1. R

Skoda Yeti chrome tailpipes for Golf 7

Bought brand new for use on Polo 1.2 TSi and a friend's 1.2 TDI, having done this with the Golf 1.4 TSi. Not large enough for Polo. Excellent condition as new. Skoda part no: 5L0 071 910. Looking for £25 ono to include Recorded Delivery. Will accept PayPal. Please PM me if...
  2. R

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Spongy Feel to clutch I bled the air from the clutch system and all the murky, cloudy brown fluid that was in it. Gear change - better. Gear selection - much, much better. Biting point/pedal feel - much better.
  3. R

Maintenance of the Electronic Parking Brake

I've seen a few posts where owners have had returned their cars to their dealer because of the EPB sticking and dealers have lubricated it. Does anyone have a pic/image of what area the dealers spray lubricant on and what lubricant do they use? Regards, R
  4. R

Exhaust Pop on start up

Since running my car on Shell V- Power super unleaded I have noticed that when starting from cold, there is a "pop" sound from the exhaust. It never does it when the engine or exhaust are warm/hot. I have been running on normal Shell Unleaded 95 Ron for a couple of tank fulls since this pop...
  5. R

Elvis Presley

Before Elvis, there was nothing. John Lennon
  6. R

Favourite Movie Quotes

They're probably all dead ... all 633 Squadron. You can't kill a squadron. Ending to 633 Squadron.
  7. R

Favourite Movie Quotes

Hey Billy, I said to my girlfriend "I'd like a little pussy." She said "So would I. Mines as big as a house!" Predator 1987
  8. R

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Tried to install genuine VW LED license lights - which I was told were "plug and play" by a VW dealer - only to find they triggered bulb out warning lamps. Returned said lamps for full refund due to cost of VCDS coding by dealer.
  9. R

Gear selection problem

Got in car to go to work and had difficulty selected reverse gear. Also found that first is where third should be, second where fourth should be and couldn't get fifth or sixth when stood. RAC wouldn't touch the car but did follow me to local VW dealer. Anyone experienced anything...
  10. R

New Headlamp Positioning - Help Please

Hello Everyone Due to no fault of my own, my car or VW I have had to replace both headlights on my car. However, I have managed to fit them but I know I have done it wrong due to not leaving a small gap between the corner of the light and the front grill with the VW emblem on. I've seen...
  11. R

Accessing Air filter on 1.4 TSI 122

Hello Has anyone inspected their air filter yet? I wanted to see what condition mine was in but I cannot get into it. Is there a technique for removing the plastic cover without breaking the plastic clips? Any suggestions and help gratefully appreciated. R
  12. R

Removal of Offside Headlight MK7 Golf

Owing to damage I need to replace the offside headlight unit on my Mk7 Golf. Does anyone have experience doing this job or have workshop instructions? All help and comments welcome. Thank you Ronin
  13. R

Anyone changed their oil after 1500 miles?

Has anyone changed the oil in their Golf after 1000 - 2000 miles to drain the small amount of bits of metal produced during running in? If so, what brand of oil have you used - or did you just change the filter and not the oil?
  14. R

Use of Super Unleaded

On the interior side of the fuel filler cover on my Golf, it states "Super Unleaded". Has anyone used super unleaded of 98RON or above in their 1.4 122 Tsi Golf? If so, have you noticed any performance advantages of using it over normal 95RON unleaded?