GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Rojito

1. Rojito

Anyone read any good books lately?

I really enjoyed this one. It’s a light read and a fun take on “the end of the world as we know it” genre. Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse: A Novel https://www.amazon.com/dp/1416552251/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_GQJYQ72WWTWB9F7PFHPT
  2. Rojito

Anyone read any good books lately?

Any genre in particular or are you just looking for suggestions in particular?
  3. Rojito

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Sorry, I just noticed their offer was $27,750 vs the $27,500 I was using. I would redo the numbers, but I don’t have the energy. Point remains the same. I would still offer $27,000. Do it today or tomorrow though. Everything resets on the first of the month.
  4. Rojito

Absolutely. On a 60 month loan with 3% interest, you’re looking at almost $2,000 of interest on a $24,500 loan (more if you finance the TTL). With 0% interest you’re now only talking about a difference of roughly $1,100 between the cost of the two vehicles (if you take their $27,500 offer) vs...
  5. Rojito

Thanks. My advice is to start researching how to negotiate a car deal immediately. These guys are experts at what they do and the more information and knowledge you being to the table, the better off you’ll be. Search YouTube for yourautoadvocate and start learning. They have a lot of good...
  6. Rojito

Welcome to the forum. Personally, I would be cautious about buying any type of fleet car, whether it be dealer/loaner, government, rental, company car, etc. People tend to not give a crap about these as they rarely have any personal stake in them. Now is also a very rough time to negotiate...
  7. Rojito

Distant Cousins

Yes. Mk4 24v VR6. Sounded awesome too.
  8. Rojito

Distant Cousins

Rojita and I made a new friend this morning! Pretty cool, especially considering how few GTI’s I see in this area.
  9. Rojito

Show us your MK7

10. Rojito

Yeah, they’ve got a ton of good information on their YouTube channel. I used a lot of it when I bought my car. The website is ok, but they suggested I offer around $33,500 for my SE due to market conditions and lack of incentives at the time. I got it for around $3,000 less than that. I didn’t...
  11. Rojito

East Coast Pipeline Down

Gotcha. No idea why it’s worse in the southeast.
  12. Rojito

East Coast Pipeline Down

Yes. The Colonial Pipeline was hit with a cyberattack several days ago. They shut the pipeline down. It supplies 45% of the gas, jet fuel, etc from Texas through the southeast and up to New York. Just like the toilet paper scare of 2020, as so as the news started talking about it people freaked...
  13. Rojito

East Coast Pipeline Down

They don’t seem to have jacked it up yet. Even through all of the COVID nonsense, Costco was pretty good at controlling their prices. Sam’s Club across the street was about 30 cents more it looked like. We witnessed packed gas stations all the way there.
  14. Rojito

East Coast Pipeline Down

We do love our chips. Unfortunately, this is just slightly worse than a “normal” Costco run. Cars can be an expensive hobby, but kids will make you go broke. Totally worth it though.
  15. Rojito

East Coast Pipeline Down

We’re officially crazy people. This is embarrassing. 😐