GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by RobertJG25

1. R

Arrivedverci

The colour of the light wasn't my point but thank you for the correction :)
  2. R

Arrivedverci

This may shock you, but not everyone's instant reaction to a green light is to floor it, despite what car they are driving. I have bestest many an Audi and BMW because they didn't know/care we were racing
  3. R

Clicking/tapping noise after car sat for a month.

A rock stuck in your tires maybe? Or just the belts being firmer than normal after being in one position for so long?
  4. R

DSG Clutch Leaking, VW can't find tool and says it isn't made anymore

I would call the next nearest dealership to see if they have the tool, just to confirm if your dealer is bs'ing because that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. There's no way you're the first person that needs a DSG clutch replaced in over 3 years...or even more if its the same tool that a 6...
  5. R

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Why stop there? Driving in general is work, just take the bus
  6. R

Esso Supreme+ 93

Esso 93 would be better than Shell 91 because you would have less timing being pulled, however compared to 94 it should be worse. Personally I find my engine runs smoother when idling or accelerating with a 0% ethanol 91 rather than 5-10% 91, but I don't know if smoothness is translating to...
  7. R

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

How much did the seats and whatever else was removed weigh?
  8. R

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

I've done that as well actually! I believe it was driverless and parked, however
  9. R

Esso Supreme+ 93

Just out of curiosity what is the ethanol content in Esso 93 vs Petro 94? I rarely fill up at either anymore to check
  10. R

In a bit of a pickle, could really use some other R owners input...

I don't think I could drive something with that much uncertainty over the condition of the engine after being driven with no oil...so I'm pro any option that involves dumping the car
  11. R

15 GSW Pano Seal Replacement

Why are you kicking yourself? He told you the seal was messed up. The fact its been fine for 3 years is amazing, I would be happy
  12. R

Spark Plugs for Mk7 92 TSI VW Golf

Unless you're tuned I believe stock is the best way to go
  13. R

FEELER: fair price for 2021 GTI Autobahn DSG with mods

Exactly this, I sure as hell wouldn't may at or above a fair price if the engine/trans/ecus have been modified on this new of a vehicle. Also with the catback, not everyone wants a loud exhaust
  14. R

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

I agree 100%. On my last car I had 35/20 and even 35 seemed too dark sometimes, mostly when there was no lights around me and I was trying to reverse Perfect. Thank you!