GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by RobC2017

1. R

Would like to raise the back of the driver's seat

Thanks. Having the proper type of bolt is something I was wondering about.
  2. R

Very helpful. It's good to know I'm not the only one that needs to make a similar adjustment. Thanks
  3. R

I love a simple solution. Thanks! I'll do that this afternoon and see what I can find.
  4. R

There's a long story behind this request... but I would like to raise the back of the driver's seat by an inch (25mm). My idea is to undo the two rear bolts attaching the runners to the car, insert a block of steel (with a hole drilled through for the bolt) under each runner and bolt it back...
  5. R

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I just discovered the ASR traction control on/off option. The car drives so much better with it turned off. Yes.. I'm playing in the snow :) Is there a way to have it stay turned off or will I have to turn it off everytime I start the car? Thx
  6. R

My mp3's were all in a single directory. So I think I hit the 1000 entries in a playlist limit.I strip out the directory structure when the files are copied to the sd card. Maybe I should leave directory structure intact when copying the files. In your example the mp3's are in an organized...
  7. R

WOW!! Thanks for all the info. I must have run into the 1000 files limit, there are about 2800 mp3's on the sd card. I'll try splitting them up into 3 sub-directories which should solve the problem. Thanks!
  8. R

How's this for a silly question... Just wondering if there is a max number of mp3 files that the entertainment system will recognize? I've got quite a few mp3 files on a sd card and just noticed that files I added recently aren't showing on the selection menu.
  9. R

Just wondering what all you cold weather people think of using 0w-30 rather than 5w-30 oil? It's heading to -40c tonight and that got me wondering if I should be asking the dealer about using 0w-30 oil instead of 5w-30. Although next oil change isn't for a few months (so it'll be warmer then -...
  10. R

Minimum speed before traction control active?

Just wondering if there is a minimum speed you have to be going before the traction control system is able to activate? I was stuck in my driveway the other day, front left tire spinning on a patch of ice and front right on pavement (not spinning). I'm driving a 2017 1.8TSi Sportwagen...
  11. R

Bull Bar for 2017 Golf Sportwagon??

Hi This may sound like a weird request, but I'm wondering if there is anything like a bull bar (see photo) available for a 2017 Golf Sportwagon? Here's why I'm asking... I was sitting at a stop light today when the idiot in front of me put their car in reverse and backed into me. Luckily I...