GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by RMinNJ

1. R

I traded my '21 Mazda 3 Turbo for a '19 SE

Did your 1st and 3rd gen Mazda 3 have any rust? We were burned my early 2000s Mazda Protege having so much rust I swore off the brand. Pity what you said about the Gen4.. I know the Ford Fiesta STs are torsion bar and handle really well.
  2. R

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

Just wow...the coolant overflow tank and headlights are the only thing I recognize compared to my GTI.. The intake manifold looks twice as large as stock?
  3. R

Installing rear sway

Ramps are the way.
  4. R

Have I been wasting $ on premium for years?

I swear when I put in some Sunoco 94 I got much better gas mileage. But could have been my trips that week.
  5. R

Level 3 oil leak 5k miles after oil pan gasket replacement

Oh wow..1500..but it's like all the seals..seems not that bad of a price for a dealer. Hope it's completely sealed now.
  6. R

Conti DWS06 Extreme Contact alternatives

Didn't drive in anything but light snow and they were fine. Any extensive long distance driving in heavy snow I think dedicated snows are best.
  7. R

Conti DWS06 Extreme Contact alternatives

I have the A/S 4 Pilot Sports ..all season michelins. The stock hankooks I got the GTI with were dangerous at 17K. I gotta say after owning (on other cars) BFG, General, Hankook, ...Pirelli etc... Im finding the Pilots wear and handle great. I would gladly pay their usually...
  8. R

Level 3 oil leak 5k miles after oil pan gasket replacement

To me the PCV seem easy to replace. I had oil on the lower back of the engine but above the oil pan...turned out to be the cam cradle ...done under warranty... would have 1500 I think at the dealer if not covered :(. In this life I would like to own a car that doesnt leak oil. I surmise...
  9. R

Modified R needs NJ inspection

NJ official state run inspection stations for you..you can have bald tires, limited brakes, and headlights aim at the sky. But O2 sensor better say ready.
  10. R

Anyone else find Mk7 Seats uncomfortable?

I had to raise the back of the seat with the McMaster bolts and washers and now my back is much better. It makes the seat more flat.
  11. R

GTI PP 7.5 Fuel Consumption really bad

Sticking brake caliper? The Pipe Dynamics is an exhause mod? Does that indicate it is tuned?
  12. R

The New APR Intake System is Here!

My stock air intake has the cold weather block off plate on horizontal box above the grill so I'm not sure I have a ton of air getting in the bay?
  13. R

The New APR Intake System is Here!

Being open up top and front does it really keep engine bay heat out ?