GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by rjtrout

1. R

IS38 Upgrade Question

1. I have only had mine for a few weeks but I am loving it thus far! 2. I wouldn't see why not. 3. Mine came from FCP and was complete 4. Yes 5. Not that I know of. I have taken it easy the first 200 or so miles and I am running a boost by gear tune from UM. 6. Should be fine. I run a...
  2. R

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

This is so exciting! I appreciate all of the communication that you have been able to give us during this process. I would be down with some winter wheels for sure. I can see where the less expensive option would be a big seller for the year-round crowd, especially in the Northeast and Midwest.
  3. R

IS38 Upgrade Question

Definitely! I have recently been but by the power bug and have been thinking the step up to the IS38 could be worth it. I will have to check to see if my new snail was made under license or just a genuine article. The cost per performance ratio for me to switch is almost too good to pass up...
  4. R

I just finished the center cap survey and I can't wait air to get my new wheels! Thanks for making awesome products that support this great platform/community. 😎
  5. R

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Not gonna lie...I'm pretty excited to get my new Apex SM-10 wheels over the next month or so.... Not sure if 20 pounds qualifies for lightweight but definitely lighter than stock!
  6. R

IS20 Turbo Longevity

All good points Snailpower. I think I will keep rolling the IS20 until the time comes to replace it. At that point, the IS38 may come to the party as this car may not be needed for daily city commuting. All all of the supporting mods have been executed already such as intercooler, clutch, so...
  7. R

IS20 Turbo Longevity

While I totally agree here, I am just hesitant on getting rid of my relatively reliable setup for something that I continue to see people having issues with. I am sure that there are selling points that you could share with me that would change my mind and have me go IS38. But, my IS20 is...
  8. R

IS20 Turbo Longevity

Uberdot I totally agree with this. The car in FBO Stage 2 is plenty for a good time!
  9. R

IS20 Turbo Longevity

Still running old faithful nearly 4 years and 80k later and running like a top. I will surely replace with another IS20 when the time comes. Stage 2 is plenty of fun for me and keeps things fun for a back road romp or small track (auto-x king lol).
  10. R

Neuspeed Hi-flo turbo discharge conversion

From what I have heard, it does run with a stock airbox or intake that emulates the OE footprint. Neuspeed does have a spacer that they will include to prevent that. As I install my kit, I will comment on the fit with my Racingline R600 kit! Hoping for better throttle response and some decent...
  11. R

Southbend Stage 2 Endurance

Chatter is there and the clutch is touchy. That being said, I have driven it to 50,000 miles now and no slippage. I am United Motorsport stage 2 with no plans on doing much more than that. This clutch seems to hold just fine!
  12. R

Alignment ? after installing SuperPro Supaloy control arms

It is tough to see but I do see where the driver's front seems to be a bit forward. Looking at the SuperPro LCA product page, it seems like they add in a margin of error for the bushings and how much posto e caster they provide? Is it possible that they are just a bit off from each other? I...
  13. R

A survey has been taken. I am excited to see what's next!