GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Ridebjj

1. R

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

You're going to want a good set of goggles on for the close up view.
  2. R

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

Self bump. This is the route I ended up taking and pretty much exactly what it cost. IS38: $1000 autotech pump: about tree fiddy tuna: $250 Running an E48 map, which came with a 91 map which was a very reasonable $250, including log analysis and one revision for both maps. I think that's...
  3. R

WavTrac Diff worth it? (Non PP)

If I ever have to go back in to do another utxh install, I'd be very tempted to put a wavetrac in too. Seems doable diy.
  4. R

hissing, high-pitched noise

That sounds like an electronic beep, doesn't it? How can it be from air leaking?
  5. R

What stage 2 (and beyond) clutches are people loving nowadays?

In 4 research if my RSR clutch gives it up from too much additional power and happiness. Might just have to go full send on a SMFW rig.
  6. R

Solution to Heeltoe Woes

Rennline makes one. I have the full set. I probably have pics of it in this thread somewhere. Kind of spend but it's nice. I use nylon washers under the gas pedal cover to make it exactly the height I want. Necesarry because it's position relative to brake pedal height changes depending on brake...
  7. R

What did you do to your mk7 today?

It's definitely noticeably quite fast. Though I have been in faster small cars in my life, especially pretty recently.. It's as powerful as I was willing to go just for a budget boredom project and especially to prolong lifespan of a daily driver I'd like to keep for at least a few more years...
  8. R

The final map revision for the budget 400 project showed up this morning right before work, as I was letting the car warm up. Couldn't let that one wait until 3pm. Commuters got to see me in extra jackass mode on a few stretches. Thus concludes the last logical mod I can think of to do. Sad...
  9. R

Mmmhmmm... Exactly while I'll learn how to do anything I can possibly do myself. Because no one else is going to pay as close attention. You'd think an expert shop (any expert shop hypothetically) there'd be no doubt, but they can be the worst of all in making stupid mistakes from...
  10. R

Arm Downpipe

I have and would say to get this: https://deporacing.us/product/2015-2018-vw-golf-gti-tsi-downpipe-with-hi-flow-cat/ But it's out of stock. I think I remember it being out of stock most of the time when I was shopping too, then suddenly it wasn't for a while.
  11. R

Thanks for everything!

He left out the part where he's now going to be behind the wheel of a minivan.
  12. R

New MK7.5 GTI owner looking for advise

This man is a crazy person. Crazy, I tells ya! I've spent the last few days at around 400 and ye gods it can be a handful just at that level.
  13. R

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Loaded on the new e48 tune for my IS38 swap. The final piece of the budget 400 build. It certainly feels like it could be 400, I tells ya.
  14. R

I think it was your recco in one of the dash cam threads that turned me in its direction. Did you bother splicing in the reverse trigger wire? I didn't see the need. Maybe one day if the built in reversing cam breaks.
  15. R

Installed front and rear cameras. Vantop h612 or some such. Pretty good for $160. The only thing I don't like so far is the little forest of connectors at the top. I'm ocd about wiring. The area near the fuse box is getting crowded now. A lot of wire and components in there now. I put the GPS...