GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by rick1024

1. R

Moving to Shaw Afb, South Carolina

So looks like I’m being sent to SC. I know nothing about this area except I went to basic close to here. anyone help me out? Also looking for legit tuners because my evo will need a retune when it gets there.
  2. R

Annoying noise

Just installed koni fsd shocks and struts. Also used 034 Motorsports rear shock mounts or whatever they are called. Now I’m getting a sound that is very much like the sound the damn bump stops make when sliding onto the shocks shaft. It’s annoying as hell. Everything was installed properly so I...
  3. R

Are these coils worth it?

Kinda wondering if our stock coils need a boost https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/rs-ignition-service-kit/06h905110g01kt1/
  4. R

Need all season recommendations

I know a lot of people don’t like all seasons. Where I am at (Germany) they are actually more preferred. I have been looking at Yokohama and Kumho’s. I would like to know what others think. Please if the only response is “all seasons suck” or “don’t use them” then just omit submitting an...
  5. R

Inbay wireless charger

It's not very good at all. No matter how you position the phone it will not stay connected. It may charge for a few minutes, but then it will beep loudly and disconnect and reconnect repeatedly. Very annoying. It also charges incredibly slowly when it is working. Using their (inbay) case on my...
  6. R

Cigarette lighter wires

I need to get to the cigarette lighter's wires. I'm trying to do this without taking apart the center console or having to use a special socket from snap on. Does anyone have any simplified ideas on how to do this? I bought the Inbay wireless charger and I need a power source for it
  7. R

Strange noise related to throw out bearing

a few days ago my car started making a weird noise. It only happens when the clutch is pushed in. It's a whirring sound, gets louder and higher pitched with increase in engine rpm. It goes away whenever the clutch is released. I suspect it's the throw out bearing but I never heard one do this...
  8. R

Gun Reviews- C'mon in

when i get back to texas i am planning on buying a m9. i know there are a lot of other pistols out there that are much better, but i have come to feel at home using an m9. i guess i will be looking for a m92f since its civilian. i did have a few friends tell me to hold out until i get my hands...
  9. R

Strange issue with license plate lights

I am getting some strange error and also having a problem with one of the license plate lights. These are still oem bulbs, no leds anywhere. The issue is one side lights up. I took the bulb out and it looked fine. I switched it into the other socket and it worked. Weird thing is I pulled the...
  10. R

What did you do to your mk7 today?

had my SRE clutch installed today
  11. R

Tips for installing awe catback

Got my awe tuning track exhaust. Had a lot of issues trying to get it aligned properly. Damn t bolt clamp broke from me over tightening. Decided to call it a day without the tips. Anyone have any tips and tricks for installing? I hate slip fit
  12. R

Sach's clutch questions

just real quick, because I am looking at getting one and want to go pick it up next week 1. can you use the oem flywheel without resurfacing, especially if there is only less than 12000 miles on it? 2. has anyone used this clutch with an is38??
  13. R

Flushing out system with motul dot5.1

I got a liter of this stuff. Is it safe to use? It's he non silicone version
  14. R

Facebook group for meets, etc.

just wanted to let everyone know there is a facebook group for people living/stationed in europe. https://www.facebook.com/groups/171067966711135/
  15. R

Preparing for the worst, new clutch recomendations

I am having issues with my BFI stage 3 clutch. I have a separate thread about it. BFI is getting involved and hopefully there will be a solution, but I want to have my ducks in a row just in case some strange installer/operator crap comes up and I end up having to shell out for a new clutch...