GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Abbott Martin

1. Abbott Martin

Help! 6 Errors, Total Electric Freakout!

Thanks! I’ll swing back and try to get a warranty replacement. .
  2. Abbott Martin

Finally Got High Beam Assist (Light Assist) Working

After having my windshield replaced I’m getting an error.
  3. Abbott Martin

GOLF 7 GTI LIGHT ASSIST FAULT

Thanks! My car is getting the error and will try this. I used VCDS to enable High Beam Assist. Got the windshield replaced and they seem to have messed with my coding. It’s not a hardware issue - and the dealership is no help activating a non-factory setting.
  4. Abbott Martin

That was my first guess so I went straight to Auto Zone for a new unit. The did a voltage check and it was 100% charged so that appears to rule out the battery itself I got a new battery back in November when my camshaft assembly was replaced. Got lucky; was a few miles from having a blown...
  5. Abbott Martin

Well…it cleared itself up for now. False alarm or something that I need to get on top of before it’s return? EDIT: ACC/front assist error. My warranty goes til 2025 but really trying to avoid the dealership.
  6. Abbott Martin

Chassis Type: AU-VW37 (5Q0) Scan: 01 02 03 05 08 09 10 13 14 15 16 17 19 2B 32 3C 42 44 47 52 55 5F 75 A5 A9 01-Engine -- Status: Malfunction 0010 02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000 03-ABS Brakes -- Status: Malfunction 0010 05-Acc/Start Auth. -- Status: OK 0000 08-Auto HVAC -- Status...
  7. Abbott Martin

Thanks! Will report back with those.
  8. Abbott Martin

2016 GTI Performance with DSG/DCC/Lighting/Drivers Assistance Pack
  9. Abbott Martin

Well my car was doing just fine then out of nowhere I got 6 error codes. Assumed the battery is bad so took it in to Auto Zone for a replacement. Battery test came back as showing no issues. Disconnected the battery and waited awhile. Then I went for a drive hoping the codes would clear. It’s...
  10. Abbott Martin

Replaced Windshield. Mirror won’t connect?

So….Safelite replaces my windshield. All the functions work except High Beam Assist. I take it in yesterday - then the guy says he can’t get the rear view mirror to attach (apparently it was hanging by the wire this whole time). Now they will need to order an OEM windshield. Is this true...
  11. Abbott Martin

MK7 Confessions

JB4 is practically made for leased cars.
  12. Abbott Martin

Adjusting Oil Change Reminder

Ahh haha. It was a while back and probably after a few beers🤦‍♂️
  13. Abbott Martin

'21 GTI Impressions, Hits, & Misses

Good summary. I agree. FYI: you can use OBD11 or a VCDS cable to improve the functioning of the adaptive cruise control, lane assist, and adaptive lighting features.
  14. Abbott Martin

MK7 Confessions

I haven’t yet serviced my VAQ Differential at 66K miles.
  15. Abbott Martin

Ouch! Big repair (Timing System/Cam Phasers)

It was improved around 2015-16. Surprised me too as I’d never heard of timing chain failure on the Mk7. This was a big concern on my Mk6 as it got up there in miles and one of the reasons why I sold it (plus wanting a reason for an upgrade).