GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by reallypeacedoff

1. R

APR Stage 1 or Stage 2?

Ahh yes, should have specified, OTS on COBB sucks but if your tuner is good, then great but as I said before, seems like you are trying to figure out pricing for hp. OTS will be best and if you keep it at Stage I you'll be stoked. So if they turn off there O2 check, they can't raise target the...
  2. R

APR Stage 1 or Stage 2?

So why do tuners insist on upgrading the software then, just to mask a CEL light? It's to take advantage of the less restrictive EGT's. If you add more air and not more fuel, what does that do you your engine? Lean. Every tuner states that a Stage II tune is required for a DP upgrade. No tune...
  3. R

APR Stage 1 or Stage 2?

Not tuning your car with a DP basically negates the reason to put it in. You are robbing your car power by NOT tuning it. A simple Google search will bring up 100,000s of answers...Here's just one reply of the thousands, from a shop that has built many MK7 GTi and R vehicles no less. The word of...
  4. R

APR Stage 1 or Stage 2?

As I said See bold. You need to add the IC and CAI to get the HO Stage II and if you track or repeatedly stomp on it, that's where you will feel the difference in that the car stays at a good operating temp with those add-ons. My Stage II never hits over 235 on repeated stomps around Malibu...
  5. R

APR Stage 1 or Stage 2?

How so? Let's hear your rebuttal. Run a DP with no software, car will lean out. Overheating the components is a lot worse than running rich. Stage II jump is a significantly less of a jump than a Stage I from stock. You can run an IC in either Stage. The ECU is smart enough to see the change...
  6. R

APR Stage 1 or Stage 2?

Stage II is necessary if you go DP route. Don't let people say it isn't. You will lean the car out and eventually grenade it. Stage I is a big jump from stock. Stage II isn't as big jump from Stage I. But IC will allow you to have more fun over and over and Stage II is an animal when you learn...
  7. R

Average MPG?

I agree. My best was 27.76 and my worst was 10.11. My average after every full up on Fuelly is 19.3. ~56k miles and nearly $10k in gas. Oof.
  8. R

Golf R mk7 2015 Tuned stage 2 Help CHECK OIL LEVEL

Question is, how many miles since you last did an oil change? I am also Stage II (and an Aussie too, actually) and I almost always get a check oil at 6k miles after an oil change. I do oil changes every 7.5k since I went Stage II. Half a quart and I am good until next oil change. I also drive...
  9. R

Golf R gearbox overheat issue

That's engine oil temp so doesn't tell you what the DSG oil is at. Usually, your DSG oil is too low if you get a "overheat" warning. If you are tuned or you were launching a fair few times in succession, you could get it too. Overfilled DSG oil will cause clutch slippage. See if you get the...
  10. R

Fault P045600 - Evap Emissions (very small leak)

That happened to me in the first year of ownership. Faulty charcoal canister, replaced under warranty.
  11. R

2015 golf r

I think they just have a constant communication with each other if they are in close vicinity. But yes, battery in my fob was being replaced every 9 months or so. Haven't replaced in a couple of years.
  12. R

2015 golf r

You did well! Mine died at 26 months. My next one died about 2 months ago, so it lasted about 32 months. Bought an OEM from the dealer as they have 36 month 100% warranty and then pro rate for 24 months after that. My car on the first battery was always very close to my key (<30 feet away)...
  13. R

Throttle response coding from VW to audi?

Is this mod like changing the throttle response from curve to linear? I have changed it on VCDS and it definitely isn't placebo. Initial depress of throttle pedal doesn't feel lax and unresponsive when changed from curve to linear.
  14. R

Strange clutch problems, not sure what to do

Or does the thrust bearing have some play in it? I had a problem with my STI a few years ago. Cold start it would do what you described and then when warmed up and romping on it, no slip, even at top end which was against what I thought it was doing at first start. I would say install the new...
  15. R

Need some help

They have an installation guide on their site, why would you not try there first?