GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by rahtx

1. R

Bittersweet, the car doesn't have crank walk

Wow that sucks to go through all that, but I guess there isn't really a better time to get value out of your car if you can find inventory on something you want. I went through a much less painful, but slightly similar story this week. Long story short, my car was acting up for the first time...
  2. R

A bunch of lights/error-codes just lit up...

Yeah, it's a little cramped, but should be doable. If you have jack stands, you could raise them a bit with some wood - I'm thinking something like this: Although that particular configuration looks a bit sketchy to me - I'd probably lay the wood blocks on the long sides instead of the...
  3. R

A bunch of lights/error-codes just lit up...

Thanks for the update - too many people abandon their threads leaving people with the same issue, who may find this in a search, with no resolution. I haven't changed my oil pan, but JR14 did it on ramps on his GTI. I assume the R would be the same or very similar? Steel Oil Pan Install on my...
  4. R

Will mk7 tsi rear door fit gti?

I'm not an expert, but if you're talking about the door shell, it seems to be the same part for Golf and GTI models (I guess R and e-Golf are different)...
  5. R

Hiccup/Hesitation on Hard-ish Acceleration

You mentioned classes - may I be so bold as to suggest that you focus more on your studies, or at least ask for a refund? Yes, you are...
  6. R

Where should I do my 40k mile DSG service?

5y/60k mile powertrain warranty?
  7. R

Loose door no longer stops half way

Sounds like the door check strap to me. If that's indeed the issue, this thread explains and links to the process of replacing it: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/diy-door-check-strap-replacement.344003/
  8. R

New thermostat housing and water pump.

Not sure how much it helps, but I don't have a pipe like that on top of the radiator... 🤔
  9. R

2017 Golf Sportwagen battery replacement

The PR codes are on the vehicle data label, which should be under the trim in the hatch area: Production Codes (PR-Codes) can be found on the Vehicle Data Label - Ross-Tech Wiki You may be able to get the answer to your question by calling a dealership and providing your VIN number...
  10. R

Anyone want their car sticker? (Monroney)

What Is a Monroney Sticker? | CARFAX Also, anyone can get a free PDF of their Monroney here: https://www.withclutch.com/window-stickers
  11. R

APR Software is on sale. Are you tuned yet?

I'm sure APR has had their fill of complaints about not offering Stage 2 anymore, but I just have to vent into the void a little... I bought into the more expensive route of APRPlus, and specifically also purchased the TCU tune - making it even more expensive - with the expectation that I'd go...
  12. R

New to DSG. Halp!

So I went and tried this yesterday and this morning and on my Mk7 I can definitely shift to 2nd under 2K RPM, even under very light throttle. From the several times I tried it, I could only get it to "lock me out" of shifting if I was below 1500RPM. Maybe the 7spd is different than the 6? First...
  13. R

New to DSG. Halp!

Really? Weird. I can't say that I've ever noticed this restriction before. Will have to try it and see... I don't know as I've never driven an R, but I use engine braking all the time in my GTI. In my suburban commute that's full of traffic lights, if I see a red light ahead early enough, I...
  14. R

Raising my vehicle

This guy lifted his on Tiguan springs (he thinks they were from a '19) with stock GTI struts: https://www.facebook.com/hothatchracing/photos/pcb.918025658997623/918025602330962 I kinda like it 🙃 For all but a week or so out of the year, I want to be slightly lowered, but that week has me...
  15. R

How To Remove Passenger Side HVAC Vent

I haven't done it, but this guy pulls out the vent with standard trim removal tools (skip to about 19:30):