GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Quezno

1. Q

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

I'm in CA with a Stage 1 APR GTI. With the TDI splash tray (no vents), I ran 3-6 degrees warmer than usual. No adverse effects. Since I have Motul gear oil, a faster warming and warmer trans felt like a feature not a bug. Just installed one with vents, and expect 1-2 degrees over OE setup.
  2. Q

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

I started with the harmonic balancer, and have been following the golfdave path to aerovana ever since. This thread has been an incredible resource and catnip to a GTI owner like me. Thank you, OP!
  3. Q

Underdrive crank pulley.

I had the Fluidampr pulley installed today and can not be more satisfied with the outcome. The car never felt comfortable in first and second gear, compared to three and up. Now, it feels consistent all the way through. It used to rev-up fast, making the shift to second feel forced, and if I...
  4. Q

Underdrive crank pulley.

I'm having a Fluidampr installed next week and have been looking for reassurance online that I'm not going to regret the decision. https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/harmonic-damper-a-key-source-for-lost-horsepower/