GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by psygieda

1. P

My buddy from this Forum told me you do MK7 Carbon Cleanups. How much do you charge and what's...

My buddy from this Forum told me you do MK7 Carbon Cleanups. How much do you charge and what's your schedule? Thanks
  2. P

Pireli Tire issue

Hit a small pothole and boom, check tire pressure light on. Got to work, 2 hours passed tire is completely deflated. A bulge on the side wall, hissing air coming from that spot as well. Called dealer, $204 for a replacement tire plus install, will have it in 3 days. My luck,
  3. P

Rodent Damage

Just wanted to share with you all, my current issue that I'm experiencing. Yesterday I got into my GTI after work as usual. When I started the car a check engine came on. I did not hear anything weird coming from the engine, and after inspecting the engine bay, I figured that it was something...
  4. P

What did you do to your mk7 today?

There are no cons of doing this. Just try it and see if you like the natural sound of the engine. If you do not, then plug it back in and you're back to artificial noise :)
  5. P

There is a thread on this very issue here, just do a search for soundaktor. It took me all but 5 minutes to disconnect it physically. Yes you can also use software to disable it. I think for me the car sounds a lot better now, the true engine sound comes out, and with hard acceleration the...
  6. P

Unplugged the SoundAktor, and I love it :)
  7. P

US MK7 Launch Control

Has anyone in the US tried this yet on their MK7? Do we even have this feature on our cars with DSG? - switch off TCS - left foot on brake - select S or Sport Mode - right foot on the gas to 3,200 RPM - left left foot off brake and floor the right foot
  8. P

Heating with Climatronic

Have about 2700 miles and love my MK 7. Best car I ever owned. I read and searched the manual under Climatronic controls, but cannot find the answer to my question. When turning on the heating with AUTO button, the A/C light always comes on. The other day it was about 38 F here in Chicago...
  9. P

Winter Tires and Wheels Recommendations

Well it is that time of the year here in Chicago, when you start thinking of winter, and with that tires and wheels. Was wondering if any of you out there have some specific tire/wheel recommendations. I checked with Tire Rack there are dozens of packages however, it is always better to hear it...
  10. P

MK7 on the track

I posted this in the General Discussion instead of here, so let me re-post in the proper category. I am new here, so sorry if this is outside the forums guidelines. Just wanted to share with everyone my experience with the MK7 GTI US version on a local road course this past weekend. I have...
  11. P

US GTI on the track

I am new here, so sorry if this is outside the forums guidelines. Just wanted to share with everyone my experience with the MK7 GTI US version on a local road course this past weekend. I have about 1K miles on my GTI, equipped with DSG and Lighting Pkg. I do own a real race car '87 911 Turbo...