GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by pseudorealityx

1. P

FS: AMS Intercooler

Had on the car a bit less than 15k miles. Comes with all hoses and clamps. Asking $450 plus shipping (or pickup locally near Atlanta, GA)
  2. P

Max summer/200TW tire discussion - fun data inside

It's usually alignment related. A bad alignment will kill a set a tires super quick. I had a toe adjuster bolt slip so I had over a 1/2" of toe, and it corded the tires in under 2,000 miles.
  3. P

They actually only have 2 that come in a range of sizes that we would use. Most of the others only come in 1 or 2 sizes, and aren't appropriate for us. The Continental ExtremeContact Sport = similar to Michelin PS4S The Continental ExtremeContact Force = trackday tire that wears well
  4. P

BS. That's the difference between GS and AS. People always want to blame the tires, or the car, or whatever. If you're 2 seconds off, it's YOU. The end.
  5. P

Nothing is going to go 10k miles and multiple track days or autocross if you're actually trying to go fast. Once you're going to dual purpose tires, you still have various spectrum on the street performance vs. track performance criteria. The Continental Force's are probably the best dual...
  6. P

FS: complete suspension

H&R OE sport springs Koni sports (adjustable) 034 Motorsport camber plates Less than 10k miles on the Konis. This is a great dual purpose suspension package that's still perfectly happy daily driving, but can hold it's own on track. Keeps lots of travel, no clunks/bangs/knocks. Stance still...
  7. P

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Both 245 and 255 RT660's are in stock at TireRack. Seems easy enough...
  8. P

When choosing tires, what is your goal? The A052 is probably just a hair quicker, but wears faster, and is more expensive. If you're not trying to win National level events, I don't see any need to be on A052's. RT660's wear better, are cheaper, and barely give up any performance.
  9. P

Might be picking up a second car... Should I ditch the R for autox?

I have no idea how your life is arranged, and what's important to you. So do what you want to be happy. Maybe the R becomes the more 'comfy' bad/winter weather car Maybe the 911 stays a weekend cruise with the lady car Maybe you you want something more geared for hardcore autox/track use, and...
  10. P

Anyone running a lightweight straight pipe with a turn down exhaust under the car?
  11. P

Alignment/ride height = https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/street-touring-hatchback-sth-discussion-setup.366133/post-7700783 Weight = https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/street-touring-hatchback-sth-discussion-setup.366133/post-7702105 Spring rates are 514# fronts...
  12. P

First event on the updated "real" suspension. PAX'd 6th, .353 behind the leader. Of the 5 people in front of me, 4 were at Nationals (4th, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, in their respective classes). So that feels like I'm close. Car felt hooked up, and my driving is coming back. Now contemplating going to...
  13. P

I'll weigh in here. The penalties are intended to keep people from "cheating". If someone didn't think it was an advantage, why spend the money and time to install it? It's clearly not a comfort/convenience item. The penalties aren't meant to create some sort of handicap system. At your...