GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by projectTVMK7

1. projectTVMK7

Simos Tools Tuners

Just wanted to get some recommendations for tuners using the Simos Tools platform? I'm currently running custom 91 and E85 tunes from 5150 Racing with Cobb, but I'd like the convenience of a full flex fuel tune. 2017 A3 Quattro Vortex XL, MPI, RS3 LPFP, FBO, 5 bar MAP
  2. projectTVMK7

APR DTR vs. IE 2260

If you're looking to make 500 whp, I would just get one these hybrid turbos (EQT Vortex XL, TPC38, Littco500, etc...), MPI, RS3 LPFP. Buy a Cobb Accessport and get an E85 tune with whomever you prefer. For flex fuel tune, you only have United Motorsports at this level.
  3. projectTVMK7

Yet another Cylinder 3 misfire thread (I've tried all the basics)

It's probably a long shot, but have you tried the non-projected 2-step colder plugs from NGK or Denso? I had similar misfire issues and switching to the non-projected 2-step colder plugs from Denso fixed it. Part #s for reference: NGK Racing R7438-9 (NGK part number 4656) Denso IKH01-27...
  4. projectTVMK7

Best tuners around New York?

OP: Have you checked out APR, IE, or Unitronic? Their website says that your car is supported, but I'd call them to confirm.
  5. projectTVMK7

RS3 Brushless LPFP Retrofit

I've been running A2B RS3 LPFP kit for approx. 20K miles and haven't had any fuel starvation issues. I daily drive my car and have gone WOT below a quarter tank just to see if I would get any fuel cuts and the car was fine. This may be more of an issue for those who track their cars.
  6. projectTVMK7

Pro tune base file wait time between top e-tuners

I would recommend going with a local tuner or pay extra for a live tuning session with EQT.
  7. projectTVMK7

Intercoolers.......What are people using on 700hp+ builds?

I don't know if anyone is using an AMS intercooler for 700+ HP builds, but their website states that it's good up to 800 HP. https://www.amsperformance.com/product/ams-2015-vw-golf-r-front-mount-intercooler
  8. projectTVMK7

Downpipe Battle - IE VS MAP VS COBB VS Trackslag VS HPA

I'm curious to see if you have any fitment issues with the mid-pipe section of the Trackslag DP like I did? The mid-pipe section sat too high on my 17 A3 quattro.
  9. projectTVMK7

Trackslag duty payment?

I read that in his voice too lol. Great movie! OP: No duty taxes for me, but I did order the catless version.
  10. projectTVMK7

Downpipe Battle - IE VS MAP VS COBB VS Trackslag VS HPA

I have similar fitment issues with the Trackslag DP on my 17' A3 quattro. The mid-section sits too high and was rubbing against the prop-shaft support and heat shielding. Took it to a local exhuast shop and they slightly bent the two front DP hangers to lower it. Not the ideal solution, but it...
  11. projectTVMK7

Blew Downpipe off at full boil

OP: Glad you came out ok! Time for me to go check my vband as well lol I got one of these myself after seeing this video.
  12. projectTVMK7

Do moog endlinks come pregreased

They have a small amount of grease to keep them from seizing while sitting on the shelf, so you will want to fully grease them before use.
  13. projectTVMK7

What causes this issue in the driveline? thnx

I would recommend the Powerflex dogbone insert first before you try the PF hybrid. The PF insert is easily uninstalled if you don't like it.
  14. projectTVMK7

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

My car squeaks pretty loud when going in reverse with light pressure on the brakes, but it's not consistent and seems to only happen when the brakes are cold. I do see a shiny/glazed ring in the middle of the rear rotors, but I don't recall if that was there before or after I did this mod? Gas...