GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by pitterchi

1. P

4x Enkei Raijin 18"x8" +45 5x112 w/Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 225/40/18 - $1,100

Sold my MK7 GTI and selling my summer wheels. Please make sure these fit your car, there are no refunds or warranty. No curb rash and they are straight and true but these are used and have typical wear but don't expect new wheels. (See pics) Cash Only, only selling as complete set. Pickup only...
  2. P

Slight blue smoke?

I'd check to see if you overfilled the oil. You have oil getting into the combustion stage which is why you have blue smoke. Other reasons are worse. Head gasket, piston rings, etc.
  3. P

Black Rims for 2019 GTI

18" Enkei Raijin Black on Black in front of VW headquarters a few years ago. 20lbs per wheel.
  4. P

235/35/19, What is your rubber of Choice? Michellin, Continentals or Pirrelis?

Michelins for me. PS4S in the Spring/Summer and AS3+ in the winter/fall. Great grip and a thick sidewall with some rim protection.
  5. P

I'm Not Done Yet!!

I laughed at that too 😂. Wish my dealer made videos of the work done though, thats really great.
  6. P

Winter wheel / Tirerack.com / hub rings

Theres a post somewhere deep here or Vortex showing how the wheel hub is 56.1 closest to the rotor then tapers out to 57.1. Some of these hub rings don't extend far enough and can cause the vibration at higher speeds. When I first got my aftermarket wheels, I did a roadforce balance and went...
  7. P

Aluminum vs Plastic Hub Rings?

When I first bought my aftermarket wheels I bought aluminum centering rings. The vibration was terrible above 65mph. There's a post somewhere deep in a forum with a picture of the wheel hub and the actual sizes being 56.1mm on the inner part with it tapering out to 57.1mm. This was causing...
  8. P

Costco vs shell gas

I haven't filled my tank since the Pandemic started "work from home" but I don't see that much of a difference between Shell and Costco. Shell does feel a little better in my car but I'm not sure if the computer is adjusted to Shell already. Personally, the distance and the crazy long lines at...
  9. P

Dash Cam Recommendation

I currently have the Viofo A119 v2 and its great. If I was going to spend $400-500, probably go with the Thinkware 1000U. Blackvue is good too but they use a proprietary cable and I'd rather have a mini/micro USB. If I was buying today, it would be the A119 v3 too.
  10. P

Tapatalk not working with this URL

I'm going to VWVortex more too. I wonder if they know about this.
  11. P

Vehicle exchange program - Cardinals VW

Its not a trap, its marketing. My dealership had an "Exchange Program" which I used to see what they would offer me for my trade. There's nothing in the ad thats "special". After they checked my car, I left and took my car to 3 other places. The "Exchange Program" turned out to be 3k more...
  12. P

Do you know what this is? Marks under clear coat of the wheel.

I noticed this mark? On one of my wheels (Nogaro’s). Its under the clear coat and I haven’t had any luck finding information on it. I want to say it started small and seemed to grow a little. There is no physical damage to the outside of the wheel. Any help identifying it and opinions if its...
  13. P

macOS Mojave and GolfMK7 forum font change

Yeah, tried that already. The screenshot is at either 125% or 150%.
  14. P

What it used to look like: What it looks like now: It took some work to even get it to that.
  15. P

Anyone upgrade to Mojave and now the font on this forum (and other forums) changed to this terrible hard to read font? Can barely see the bold on unread posts. Can't seem to find out how to bring it back... :eek: