GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Pierreoj

1. P

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

Hi Adam, Do you have a review on this upgrade? Thank you
  2. P

Rear suspension refresh

Hi Triple B, I replaced the rear TA bushings at 90k miles with the Powerflex purple. My choice was based that It didn’t require a press. The originals looked brand new. Did yours look worn? In the end I was pleased with the improvements, and it complement the rear subframe inserts. No NVH...
  3. P

Eurosport camber mounts, LCAs, deadset kit, FSB, full dogbone compliment - my thoughts

Great video! Yes the Eurosport top piece does not retain the bump stops like the factory top plates.
  4. P

Eurosport camber mounts, LCAs, deadset kit, FSB, full dogbone compliment - my thoughts

Front suspension. Koni special actives with Sportwagen 70mm bump stops.
  5. P

I have installed the camber kit this week-end. It went smooth. The only issue I have now is my combination of bump stops and strut shaft diameter make the bump stop loose on the shaft because it is no longer fixed to the top plates. I can hear the bump stop rattle on some road imperfections. I...
  6. P

So it may not be worth it for the street but if I install them, should I set toe to zero or in between factory and zero ? I’m going to remove struts this week-end but if they don’t add anything noticeable, I may skip them… Thanks :)
  7. P

Hi @tigeo Very interesting to read your suspension posts! If driving only on the street, would you recommend the Eurosport camber? I have powerflex control arm bushings and was wondering if the added camber would be really beneficial to handling? Reduced tire life and snow/slush traction...
  8. P

Brake Pads and SAE J866

Adding friction codes for non-PP pads I have installed in the last 2 years. Front: - Textar GF (good daily driver pad, quiet, a lot of brown dust but easy to clean) - Raybestos EHT1760 GH (too grabby, low dust, clunk noise all the time going reverse, inexpensive) - ATE low dust ceramic LD2785...
  9. P

front sway bars

Hi scrllock, What powerflex bushings did you use? Purple or black ?
  10. P

Review: Koni Special Actives with OEM springs

Very nice review @mrmatto I have experience with the B6 on a different car, and I have installed Special Actives (front only) on my Alltrack. The B6 have a lot of low speed compression and every imperfection on the road is felt. They also have too much rebound damping and will make the...
  11. P

Golf r front wishbone rear bush (powerflex)

Hi GolfRchris, Have you installed this bushing yet?
  12. P

Superpro control arm install?

Thank you @GoatAutomotive for listing the options. I am going with option #4 but being 4motion, I am wondering if there is a risk for the driveshaft or bevel box? Anyone can confirm if in my case, I can only drop the subframe? Thank you!
  13. P

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Good to know before installing the IS20. Reading back many pages back I was assuming that the 1.8t could run map1 or 2 on 91 without issue. Can an intercooler help with that? Lower air temperature or lower pressure drop would help compressor efficiency at the same manifold pressure. Now I...
  14. P

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

So for 91 and is20, there is not much more than map 1 on the Alltrack?
  15. P

Timing belt options(accessory belt)

Hi Codeca, Did you order this part and install it on your car? I did and received an old Goodyear Gatorback. While they were premium belts 10 years ago, I will probably replace it sooner than the original belt with 90k miles. The packaging and belt condition was still fine but it’s probably...