GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Pete_CFB

1. P

GTI to Golf R?

My pocket change... I went from a 2019 Rabbit Manual to a 2018 R DSG. My main motivation was getting a DSG since the manual clutch is... well... we all know, its crap. After shopping around for a 2018+ GTI with DSG, it was not that much more to get into an R, bonus points since I dont like...
  2. P

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Those look amazing... too bad we take it up the a$$ with shipping and brokerage fees when sent to Canada and with Covid, no way to ship and pick up in Odgensburg like we used to...
  3. P

OEM Splash Guard installation instructions

In my garage, was about 40F(5C) and used a hair dryer on them for a couple minutes to soften them up nicely so I could push them in snug and screw them "tight".
  4. P

OEM Splash Guard installation instructions

When I did mine, drilled the holes to make sure they dont shift or vibrate to damage the paint and heated them up so they fitted nicely. They fit very flush now.
  5. P

19 GTI rabbit

Defenitely maybe on all counts.
  6. P

Reverting R exhaust flap to factory operation

Maybe they are physically stuck open... not just coded.
  7. P

Should I buy an R32?

From the way you describe it, even briefly... heart says yes and head will say "why the fuck did you not do it" in a couple weeks when it'll be sold to someone else. Do it.
  8. P

Ask Me Anything: Lug Nut, Bolts and Wheel Locks!

I've been reading some good kits are now out of production(like Rennline?). I'm running OEM wheels for winter with ball seat, I just picked up my summer setup(Enkei TSR6 45 offset) that are cone seat and would like to upgrade to a stud setup(track in summer and ease of maintenance...) -No need...
  9. P

"Unusual" Replace Key Battery Incident

Happened to me 1 month ago with my 2019 GTI. 20ish months in, using same fob all the time. Just died after locking car 30 minutes earlier to grab a coffee.
  10. P

Official Oryx White Pearl Golf R Thread

Bye bye 2019 GTI Rabbit manual, Hello 2018 Golf R DSG... is it summer yet?
  11. P

How much have you spent on your GTI and purchase do you regret the most?

I regretted buying a manual GTI. So I spend money and got an R DSG instead. I'm happy.
  12. P

How many 2019 GTI "Rabbit Editions" were actually built ?

Well, if anyone in Canada wants a CFB manual Rabbit, mine is going for sale next week, 26k kms on. I want an R.
  13. P

Unpopular opinion maybe but the fender audio sounds great!

After owning a WRX... the Fender system in the GTI sounds awesome. First time I owned a car and do not feel the need to thrown money at the radio to make it sound decent.
  14. P

Normal wear and tear??

Endlinks... all the endlinks. Honestly why do they suck so bad on the MK7. Otherwise wait till its warmed up and give'r. They are solid cars.
  15. P

WTB: GTI Rabbit edition in cornflower blue,

Too bad borders are closed... i've been contemplating selling my Canadian CFB Rabbit 6-speed to get an R recently. Good luck in your research!