GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by PerceivedShift

1. PerceivedShift

Is20 wastegate

FALSE See my thread here
  2. PerceivedShift

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

Banks in on the case: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/VzqZSRj6Igw
  3. PerceivedShift

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Ok, lets say you purchase solar panels on a credit card after politicians said they'd pay for your new solar panels. The solar company banks all this money you paid on credit. Sure enough the government pays for all the purchased solar panels with the strike of a pen. Solar companies continue...
  4. PerceivedShift

MK7 Confessions

Haven't worked on the car in weeks. Been sitting on jack stands... Been taking care of house and wedding stuff lately. :( Probably won't make serious progress until mid-May.
  5. PerceivedShift

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Its just another way the feds are pumping money into woke universities who will then turn around and increase tuition rates even further like they have been for decades. Also, dead brained Biden is going against the supreme court ruling....again. Can we stop pumping money into this already...
  6. PerceivedShift

Oil on Spark Plug

Yea, unfortunately resealing the cam cover is not a small job and requires pulling the timing chain off the cam gears. When you do it go ahead and replace the timing chain and be sure to program the ECU through VCDS or OBD11.
  7. PerceivedShift

Mideast Thread Where AbSolUteLY nO Effort Is Put Into Thread Titles

Israel made the mistake of being too "soft" and cautious in Gaza, should have just gone in guns blazing and got the job done within a month. The brutality of what I saw Hamas AND Gazans do on Oct 7th was pure evil, every American shouting "From the river to the sea" (They likely don't even know...
  8. PerceivedShift

In process: Alibaba GTI build

So you paid 18k for a salvage R…dude…thankfully the ali motor will save you if you do the install yourself.
  9. PerceivedShift

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Yup, I really wish cops would start handing out tickets, probably can't anymore. Probably people TicToking or whatever because they can't go 3 minutes without stimulation. Social media is wrecking their brains. Oh, and yesterday this woman pulled into the costco gas pumps, the weed smell was...
  10. PerceivedShift

Same here, road bikers are nuts for trusting drivers these days. Pretty sure half the drivers in my town now drive high on weed now.
  11. PerceivedShift

Didnt get very far today, stealth hitch is installed at least:
  12. PerceivedShift

Eco hitched removed, stealth hitch to replace. First food.
  13. PerceivedShift

Any Electricians in the house?

Few questions first, which button is start and which is stop? One is NO the other is NC. Also, are the top contacts on the relays NO and the bottom NC? 90% sure I've figured this out in my head but need to be sure of the layout first.
  14. PerceivedShift

HVAC companies are becoming near scammers rant

I'm all for paying techs well, but their whole unwillingness to give me an itemized quote just screams "we are hiding our bill of materials and labor costs because we are ripping you off". We need more people to enter the skilled labor force and bring more competition, unfortunately most kids...
  15. PerceivedShift

HVAC companies are becoming near scammers rant

Or be the company I had quote to fix my system...$4000 to replace a bottom of the barrel coil is insane to me. They probably get the coil from their supplier for $600 and the job could be done in 3hrs or less. R410a is expensive, I get it, their cost would be $150 to top it off. Also, I...