GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by pbrunts

1. pbrunts

Help Diagnosing Infotainment Issue

From what I've seen around here it's been done but it looks like a pain in the ass.
  2. pbrunts

Yeah, I'd looked into it for my wife's 2015 GTI to try to get her up to apple car play and it required purchasing a new license with VW to allow the FEC verification. Mine already is MIB2 and has android auto, so I'm hoping it's easy enough.
  3. pbrunts

Everything I'm seeing says for simply replacing MIB2 with MIB2 keeps all of the app controls. Should just need to clear error codes. Is that not true?
  4. pbrunts

So, I just went ahead and bought an ebay glove box unit. Simply to install with the right radio keys and the headunit booted right up. The component protection has locked the unit so I need to get it removed at the dealer. Seems right now I may have lost the "R" bootup screen, which was pretty...
  5. pbrunts

I might be able to find it through my local group but I'm skeptical it will show anything. Honestly, that thread you linked is par for the course infotainment issues. Even when similar questions are asked, they seem to be unanswered. I ordered a replacement glove box unit, which will need to...
  6. pbrunts

The whole center screen isn't working. It's not turning on and nothing's showing up or playing through radio, media, phone, or Android auto. The screen doesn't turn on when I put the car into reverse even though the camera still moves. It's as if the internals for the infotainment system fried...
  7. pbrunts

Hi all. I have a 2016 Golf R without DCC/NAV. About 2 weeks ago, my headunit screen froze while using android auto and then went black and has not worked since then. The USB still charges my phone and the buttons on the side are still backlit. Phone does not connect (screen behind wheel says...
  8. pbrunts

looking to upsize my car while downsizing my payment

The good news is that 96000 miles in 4-5 years means it likely spent a lot of time on the highway, which is assuring because it likely was driven more softly. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  9. pbrunts

Mk7 Golf R Autocross

Anyone else planning on autoxing their R? I'm newer to the autox scene (3 events under my belt) and have only done one, noncompetitive, event. Anyone building their R to compete or any experts running their R? Looking for general discussion and planning, along with build plans. My R Sent...
  10. pbrunts

Anyone dealt with Power Wheels Pro?

I haven't heard much of this dealer but would like some opinions. http://www.powerwheelspro.com/shop/index.php?cPath=24 It says they sell genuine oem wheels, which is cool given the prices. When it starts to warm up, I'd like to put the summer tires that came off my R (replaced with all...
  11. pbrunts

Track Day video recording discussion (Harry's vs Torque vs GoPro)

Hey guys, my Golf R is a few months old at this point and I'm planning on tracking it for the first time this coming weekend. I would like to record it. Right now, I'm looking at a few options. I'm trying to keep it more or less a budget purchase right now because I'm not planning on tracking...
  12. pbrunts

Die Cast Models: GTI and/or R?

Looking for some die cast models for my wife's white, 4 door GTI and my lapiz blue, 4 door .:R. They don't have to be exact, but I'd like color and model at least. Been searching for a bit and finding some available through EU or Australian vendors. I'm in the US and those would be ok, I just...