GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Pbrowne

1. Pbrowne

Power Liftgate mod recommendation ?

I'm curious about one installation step -- installing the struts. It looks like they must be fully extended to install but they come compressed/closed; can you manually pull the struts out or do you need to make them operate electrically? I don't want to break them.
  2. Pbrowne

c

I
  3. Pbrowne

Connected Services Software Update?

On 3/6 I got an automtaed over-the-air update installed. I have not seen any negative effects like VCDS mods disappearing. Is there a way to know what's in one of these updates, especially which controllers are affected? I have quite a few mods that I don't want overridden. On a previous Golf...
  4. Pbrowne

Fully electric tailgate opening / closing with the key for golf 7

Was any VAGCOM coding needed? Does it use the OEM VW fob or is there a separate fob in the kit?
  5. Pbrowne

When you installed the electric tailgate kit, was any VAGCOM coding needed? Does it use the OEM...

When you installed the electric tailgate kit, was any VAGCOM coding needed? Does it use the OEM fob or was there a separate one in the kit?
  6. Pbrowne

Replace shifter paddles on non-GTI?

I want to add shifter paddle extensions to my car. It's not a GTI. It's a 2016 Golf SEL. I bought S2T replacement paddles, but there was no way to remove the pins holding the OEM paddles in place. I assume that the GTI has a longer OEM paddle and that the bottom GTI paddle is not wrap over the...
  7. Pbrowne

SOC shows ---% after installing new battery

I installed a new 70 ah AGM battery and reprogrammed values in the car's computer so that the charging system will recognize the new battery. The problem is that I cannot get a reading using the status of charge by pushing me 0.0 button. This worked before I changed the battery, but now shows...
  8. Pbrowne

Seat belt buckle extender?

I always use my seat belt, but I'm finding it very difficult to buckle my seat belt. VW has placed the receive that the buckle goes into too low and far back. Has anyone found an extender for the seat belt buckle receiver?
  9. Pbrowne

8" NAV replacement screen kit available

I found this on VW Vortex and all comments from purchasers were positive. Comments indicate that it only works for 2016+ models with CarPlay. https://eurozonetuning.com/collections/vw-mk7-2015-navigation
  10. Pbrowne

Enable left-foot braking

I learned the technique of left foot braking at Watkins Glen. I followed the example of Rusty Wallace who show this technique in the cockpit camera footage of a NASCAR race at the Glen. The technique involves staying on the gas in a turn after getting in the right gear, using the brake to...
  11. Pbrowne

Unitronic Stage 1+ Installed

I ordered the Unitronic Stage 1+ ECU upgrade from Deutsche Auto Parts, installed it, and I am very pleased with the results. This is on a 2016 Golf 1.8 TSI SEL. I recommend viewing DAP's video on the upgrade to fully understand the upgrade process. I had a bit of an issue with installing the...
  12. Pbrowne

Disable lane assist "ding"

Anyone know if it's possible to stop the lane assist "ding" with VCDS? It seems inconsistent, purposeless, and just annoying. I got the lane assist to work well with adaptive lane tracking but can't see how to shut off the random gong.
  13. Pbrowne

Easily switch between Nav & Carplay

I like the VW Nav, especially the display between the tach & speedo. I also like several CarPlay functions like text messages, Tunein Radio and podcasts. The larger control buttons vs. my iPhone is great. (I do not like/use Apple's maps) My question concerns when I have my iPhone connected via...
  14. Pbrowne

Brake pedal height is annoying

It's probably bowing to corporate lawyer but the brake pedal height is annoying. I don't recall another car I've owned where the brake pedal is so high. It forces the driver to lift the right foot off the gas pedal to operate the brake. The driver can even catch the right foot on the brake...
  15. Pbrowne

Glad I bought a 2016 SEL

I got a great model year end deal on a Golf SEL. It has automatic transmission, the lighting package with the adaptive headlights and the driver assistance package, navigation system, power driver seat, and sunroof. Checking the 2017 specs it looks like the same equipment is even available on...