GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by parallax

1. parallax

Michelin PSAS 4

The AS4s are definitely better in both dry and wet conditions. The stiffer sidewall really makes a difference in regards to turn-in and feel. It's still a generalist tire, but it's a great option to keep the fun going for those of us who live in varied climates.
  2. parallax

Anyone running Emmanuelle Design springs ?

I ran into similar issues with harshness after about 35k miles with them on the stock struts. I ended up picking up a set of Koni Yellows, and 10k miles later I'm still very pleased with this set up. FWIW, I have mine set to 1/2 from full soft in the rears and a 1/4 turn from full soft in the...
  3. parallax

SOLD: Set of 4 OEM VW 19" Pretoria With Michelin tires

That would be me. The seller messaged me earlier today with a username, "Ellitey1" claiming that there is a technical issue with his original account that the moderators are trying to sort out. He apologized, and said the funds were still pending. What's weird is the PayPal address he gave me...
  4. parallax

DIY Guide and Review: AKD AliExpress MK7.5 LED Tail Lights for NAR MK7 Golf

This is the one I bought from Amazon. Any one of the thin, smaller two-pronged keys will work. https://www.amazon.com/MENKEY-Terminal-Removal-Connector-Extractor/dp/B07ZC1V2W6/ref=sr_1_6?crid=ON7F9L0UCFWG&dchild=1&keywords=vw+terminal+tool&qid=1610464240&sprefix=vw+termi%2Caps%2C186&sr=8-6
  5. parallax

Yes, I ran into the same issue. I would use the link to ZERO815's coding instructions from OP's first post instead. He provides an explanation of which wires to re-pin, in addition to coding.
  6. parallax

Michelin PSAS 4

I replaced my AS/3+ with these about a month ago and they ride fantastic.
  7. parallax

Eureka!! That did the trick. Thank you again!
  8. parallax

Finally got around to running a trigger wire from Pin 5 of my Euro switch to pin A29 on the BCM. Coded Leuchte23 per your instructions and the rear fog now works, but the turn signal also comes on. Any ideas on how to disable it?
  9. parallax

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I bet it would have made a huge difference. Let me know where I can find a short throw shifter for my DSG transmission.
  10. parallax

Thank you, good sir!
  11. parallax

100% agree if you're using "shifting" in the context of performance. If that's the case, then a "ball design" would not make much of a difference either. The extra weight requires less effort on shifts. It's only fractions of a difference in terms of feel but very noticeable, especially after...
  12. parallax

Installed an S Tronic shift knob this morning. It's slightly heavier than the OEM knob, which is perfect for me. Shifts feel very nice with the added weight and traditional ball design.
  13. parallax

Official Carbon Steel Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

Here she is with Pretorias. Been wanting a set for my CSM ever since I picked her up in 2017. Thanks, @uranorab8 for the assist!
  14. parallax

Thank you very much for all the help. I've got everything wired and coded, but realized that due to my GTI being a Sport model (no fogs), I have to run a trigger wire from the Euro switch to the BCM. I've got one on order, will know you know how it goes after the install. Again, thanks for...